Girls, Would you date a black guy?

As a black guy i noticed most girls around me won't date a black guy. I'm just wondering why that is. I'm a sweet heart I have tons of friends. Most girls I'm into won't give me a chance. Girls would you date a black why or why not.
My description: 6'1 pretty well built linemen ( i used to play football) My is pretty short. I have a darker complection. little to no acne. I don't smoke. Most people proclaim me to be funny. I'm one of the best singers in my schools choir. I'm an acting student. I've never been off honor role. Every one of my female friends call me a sweet heart. I'm artistic I love to write. Why am i not the same as the other guys? Whats wrong with me?

Please no hate for this.

29

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I would. I definitely find some black people intimidating, because I think our cultural backgrounds are different (I'm Asian, we're told that we need to blend in with the crowd, and not to stand out among others; I know that a lot of black people are told to respect themselves, not to allow anyone to disrespect them, and to stand up for themselves) and this is pretty intimidating for me. I generally tend to be more attracted to the people similar to me (quiet, soft-spoken, and so on) and many black guys don't fit the bill.

However, if there were black guys whose personalities matched mine, I wouldn't have any problems with dating them! Love isn't something you can control, and even though I thought I had the perfect husband in my head, the guy I ended up dating and being the happiest with is SO different from the husband that I dreamed about.

So anyway, I wouldn't take the rejections personally. It just means that you're not their type. White guys get rejected all the time too, and all it takes is just one yes :)

• I can understand that logic. I've always had a major cultural difference between most Asian girls I've met which is a shame i have to say. I have 4 consistent Asian friends. But all of them tend be outspoken and extroverted people so I guess that could be why we connect so much. I wish I could make more Asians friends

What Girls Said 28

• I don't have a problem with dating a black guy. My parents would be pretty horrified but hey, it's not exactly their choice, is it? :P

• I'd date a black guy. I have before. I just don't get asked out by them. :/ I doubt anything is wrong with you. It just takes some people longer to find someone to date than others. Really, you sound like a pretty cool guy. I bet we'd get along pretty well! I act and sing too and I'm quite the artist myself. I'm always hilarious asf. Lol. Nothings wrong with you. Don't give up hope.

• You sound like a sweet guy so honestly I have no idea why they wouldn't. If it's a race thing then I'm horribly sorry but there isn't much you can do about it (Trust me I'm white and black, I look like a latina and was raised by Asians... I get a lot of race cards drawn at me). But from personal experience, I felt as if there were always a few guys in high school that were always sweet nice guys but for some reason not a lot of girls were interested even though they were probably better guys than the rest. I could never explain it unfortunately but you'll find some amazing girl. There's nothing wrong with you so don't worry about it. Good luck! <3

• yes, almost exclusively. you sound hot so it's probably not because you're ugly.

• Lol aww this post makes me happy

• If I find him attractive and found us to be compatible then yeah, I'd date a black guy.

• Yeah, I probably would. I haven't yet, but as I live in a predominantly white area, it's a little difficult. I'm not going to date someone exclusively for their skin colour because that's weird. But I would date anyone that I was interested in.

• Been there, done that. :)

• i dont see any reason to hate lol i mean, you sound like a great guy. it might just be theyre into white guys. girls are weird :p

• I would. But I'm black and a lot of black guys around where I am belittle black girls so that kinda draws me away from them. But many other girls would too, there's still some girls out there with racial bias, and believe you're a black that's a thug, rapist, criminal. But just know that's not who you are, and girls will come along.

• Yeah if he has a great personality

• Yeah, I would if he's cute and has a nice personality, same with any race.

• Your description sounds pretty interesting, actually!

In answer to your question, yes, though.

• Yeah, you sound great actually! You sound way more artistic though, I'd never be able to compete

• That's not true if I really liked you I would favor your art more than my own

• Well that'll probably make the girls like you even more 👍🏼

• Not really. Most of them still prefer other guys over me.

• yeah i would, colour makes no difference to me, currently am dating one also ahah

• Sure.

• I would, yeah

• I don't have a problem with dating a black guy, and I actually have.

• I do. But I just have more of an attraction towards white guys.

• I would date anyone no matter they're race or complexion as long as they're not a shitty person

• I hope you don't feel as if your race has anything to do with you not having a girlfriend. I'm not sure how old you are, but know that nothing is wrong with you! Never compare yourself to other people, we are all different and unique. I'm sure when the time is right, you will find a wonderful girl! Just enjoy your life and be happy. Many hugs and blessings your way!

• You can't spell some words and you are under 18

• I'm not sure it's because you're black? That seems like a stupid reason, don't know anyone who thinks like that

• if he's nice and all, why not?

• Aren't there any black girls at your school?

• actually probably about a handful and out of them they are either too young, taken, not interested in black guys, Into girls, or just not into dating.

• Then I'm not sure what to tell you, maybe a mixed girl?
      Sorry but because of society dating outside your race isn't common (their family or friends may not approve so they don't date even if they like the person)
      Or maybe the girls want you to make the first move

• Talented, Funny, Nice person
    Seriously, what more would a girl want?

I'd consider you're a really great guy for me.
    And if you asked me for a date I'd be way ecstatic.
    I've just had enough of people who care for looks. Duh..

• that makes me happy actually

• We should talk more.

• Maybe they want more masculinity? :) or if I'm in lack of a better word manliness... Or maybe you need to widen your circle and ask more girls out...

• I am married but if I weren't then yes. I'd date a black man. Personally I wouldn't for a long time if I am being honest with myself. It was looked down on where I grew up but I noticed something as an adult. I personally, walk and make eye contact on the street with whoever makes eye contact back, give a friendly nod or what have you and more times then not the people who do the same, are black guys. I just think it says a lot about someone... someone who is taking in there surroundings and is friendly and real. My husband has noticed the same thing actually. It's odd and actually gets a lot of respect from me (and him as well). in my opinion it says a lot about somebody. You can tell a lot about someones demeanor that way too.

• I'd date a black guy no problem but then again I'm black so I may be biased.

• LOL :) that made me laugh way harder than I thought it would. how old are you?

• that really cool I'll 17 in a little bit.

• Nice.