Would you call your S/O "fat"?

Let's say they gained some weight, and they ask whether or not you think they are fat. You noticed that they have put on a few pounds, would you agree that they have gained weight or would you lie about it?

• Yes I would agree & say the truth
  • No- I would lie

Most Helpful Guy

• The point of S. O. is to find the ONE person in this special-snowflake society whom you can trust to share everything with, including the truth.

The instant you feel you must hide how you truly feel from your S. O. your "relationship" is either doomed or confirmed as shallow and false.

That said, try to keep your partner's feelings in mind and say it as nicely as possible. Honesty and politeness are not necessarily opposites, there's such a thing as constructive criticism; but if even that is too much for you to handle consider seeking a babysitter rather than a significant other.

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone asks me a question with all assumptions that I will respond back in a lie, then I'd think something is seriously not right here.
    I'd tell them the truth!
    I wouldn't blatantly say they are fat, that's a harsh word.
    But I'd say yes, "You gained some weigh".
    I'd also respond by letting them know how I think the extra weight looks on them.

Don't ask for the truth!
    If you're not ready for it.

What Guys Said 22

• I woiuld be honest, but in a nice way without the butt-hurt words.

• My wife and I have an agreement, if either of us thinks the other has gained a noticeable amount of weight, we are to call each other on it and get back in shape.
    We've both played that card in the past and gotten back in check. Married 10 years now and I'm in better shape than when we got married. She's gonna need to be told again soon...

• only if i decided to not have sex again lol.

• If she had gained enough weight for me to lose attraction to her, and if SHE was the one who brought it up - i would be honest and tell her that i noticed she gained weight. I wouldn't call her fat, but i would encourage her to lose the weight again and help her in any way i can.

• Not a chance... A few pounds is no big deal! I would not lie about them gaining weight, but it would not effect how I feel about her.

• Honestly, if they were too overweight for me to find them attractive, they would know.

• We both together would try to lose and get good body. I would prefer to say the truth because I want her to love me for my harsh truth and not for my sweet lies.

• I'd just ask "well, do you think you're fat?"

• if i knew that she is very insecure about her wieght and think too much then i would lie,

• Yeah I'd want her to be healthy.

• I would jusdt say what i think and help her.

• I'd ask if she's comfortable with it.

• I would try not to. But if she is, then I'm not going to deny the truth and neither should she.

• I date larger ladies. so thats not a question for me to answer

• That's the quintessential white lie gentlemen. Learn it.

• I would lie to be honest. Girls hate hearing the word fat for some reason.

• My girlfriend is overweight and extremely sensitive about it, so I wouldn't

• I would tell them they gained weight if that's what they are asking.

• I would if I had an S/O... if I ever have an S/O... lel

• I would tell her she needs to get her ass on the treadmill

• I would try and find a supportive way to say it, but I wouldn't lie

• I might say something like "Your ass is fat."

What Girls Said 18

• I think if both partners started the relationship , or had a point in the relationship where being fit and healthy was something they both did and one of the participants in said relationship gave up the fitness. Then it makes sense for their significant other to tell them it's time to get back to the gym.

• I wouldn't lie to him about it but I wouldn't call him fat. My boyfriend actually has put on quite a bit of weight since we began dating. I've acknowledged it when he's brought it up and when he talks about wanting to lose those extra pounds I encourage him in it.

• Honesty, even brutal honesty, is better than lies.

I would try to be nice about though.
    "Hey, I noticed you've been gaining a few pounds, maybe we should go biking or to the gym together"
    As opposed to:
    "Holy shit, drop some pounds because your man tits are D cups and I'm afraid you're gonna crush me when we have sex. Nevermind, I can't get turned on with how you look now."

I'm upfront but not an asshole to my love lol

• You can say someone has gained weight without saying they're fat. That's just cruel.

• I wouldn't call anyone fat. It's very rude.

• I'd say something

• My boyfriend acknowledges that he's gained weight. he calls himself fat. I call him fat too but in an endearing way because I like it lol

• I have before and I would do it again. He started looking like a kettle bell.

• I think my exact words were "You look like Buddha. If you went on holiday to China, people would rub your belly for good luck."

• I would be honest, my boyfriend and I have that sort of relationship where we say what we feel even if it might hurt the other but the truth is always whats needed

• Exactly! And thats they way we both feel it should be, communication is key and nothing lasts without it oh and she calls me fat all the time hahahaha :") :P

• I would acknowledge that they've gained weight (assuming they asked and it's true), but I wouldn't call them "fat" or be hurtful.

• If it were me, I'd want to know.

But not everyone does. Some people are more sensitive and have self image issues.

• I would tell them the truth in a nice way but i wouldn't let that bring them down.. I would remind them that they're beautiful either way

• I wouldn't use the word fat, but I would point out if he had gained a considerably amount of weight.

• I would just find a way to avoid saying anything, or say yes but add something positive.

• Well you could say it without being rude.

• yes, i would. if it were true of course, no use in lying to their faces.

• I wouldn't lie about it, I'll let them know.

• I wouldn't use the word fat but I wouldn't lie either.