What does love mean to you? And do you believe in true love?

Love is subjective so its different for everyone but, i'm just wondering, what does it mean to you and is there such a thing as true love?

• Yes there is true love
  • There's no such thing
  • I have no idea/ don't care about love
  • I hope so/ - still wondering and waiting for an answer-

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is conditional.

Nobody falls in love with someone who has nothing to offer them. We all want someone who is visually stimulating, mentally stimulating, entertaining, trustworthy, comforting, etc. You don't usually fall in love with someone who is ugly, dumb, boring, and irritating. Its also common for people to fall out of love when the other person stops providing what they use to or no longer fills those voids in your chest.

So I see love as when you meet someone who has a combination of characteristics so that having them in your life increases your average level of happiness and fills some of the internal voids you have. However you need to reciprocate and make them happy too, otherwise they won't stay in your life. So your happiness has become linked to theirs and that is what I see as love.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love is respect and trust. Love is something so unexplainable. I have a deep love for my best friend. He's a guy and he's like an older brother to me and when I'm with him and we are joking around or are just around each other and school and stuff, I just realize how much I appreciate and love him. People always think we should date, but I don't love him like that. I love him the same way I love my sister. I can't truly explain it. They mean so much to me. The love I have for my mom is true admiration for her strength and courage. I love her so much and don't know what I'd do if I lost her.

I believe there is such a thing as true love. I think it's rare, but it's there. People just don't like to look hard enough anymore.

What Guys Said 9

• Well, I do have my own definition of love, and yes I do believe in love, true love, yes I believe it exists but then I never want to be in love.

• True love is benevolence.

Perfect Righteous Care.

Naturally in the form of infinite prosperity and health.

• I have a friend. We've been friends for 4 years. I care about her and I love everything about her, and I love being with her. In my mind I love her, but people put so much weight on the word love that I don't think anyone else would agree that I love her. What does it take to legitimately "love" someone?

• Love is a behavior like any other, but it's a description of a behavior like "bravery".

• There's true love but I don't think everyone can get it. It's all about losing the one whom we love the most to learn how to love the rest of the world.

• Yeah, I still believe in all that Disney happily ever after stuff. It's just that my version doesn't involve children or a white picket fence.

• Yes there is true love. It's hard to find and hard to maintain, but it's worth it.

• Love is a brain chemical that people get addicted to.

What Girls Said 8

• I believe in true love , but i think the relationship will only survive if two people are working as a couple to make it work.

Personally, i think love is about making sacrifices for each other, and considering each others feelings and needs. Love alone is not enough for a relationship to endure a lifetime together. Compromising and communication helps a relationship to survive. A couple can overcome whatever problems they face, if they have the ability to resolve any adversities that life throws at them

I believe falling in love is beyond our control , we fall in love by chance, but we stay in love by choice.
    A lot of work and effort needs to be put into a relationship in order for the love to last

• There is true love, and his name is God. I am honestly saying what I believe. I don't believe anyone can love like God's description of real love because no one is perfect.

• I believe in true love, but not the fairy tale sense where there is one person out there made just for you who is perfect in every way.

I think love is a choice and that you choose it every day with your partner. The more times you choose them, the stronger it becomes.

Now, that doesn't mean you can have true love with just anyone. Love isn't something you can force.

It's really hard to explain actually haha

• I believe in true love. I believe there's someone out there that literally is your soulmate, meaning that this personne will understand you and see you without even having to say anything. I don't know how to describe it, but these things happen to me. There isn't just ONE true love. There are a lot of "loves" but in different ways. There are a lot of people out there who make you feel like you can't even think when you're near them. All these persons have the potential of being your one "true love". Love hurts, and it's annoying and it's this Why Do I Like That Person So Much kind of feeling but it's the best thing out there once it's reciprocated.

• For me personally atm? It means having your heart smashed into a million pieces by someone who can't be what you need.

• From a lot of experience, I realized that true love is definitely not when having him feels like you've gotten everything *the most important part*. Rather it is when being with the person makes you feel like even the little things are worth more.

• I've felt it myself. It's that feeling when you know you would do almost anything to just be standing next to that person. It doesn't have to be love in the romantic sense always either.

• I believe in love. I was in love once, and looking back, it was one of the most amazing things you can experience as a human. I have yet to found love again, but I am hopeful I'll be able to find it in the future.