Guy I'm dating has suddenly deactivated his Facebook account?

So, I was chatting with this guy just fine earlier in the day. He's really nice, we get along really well. I just logged on to Facebook to ask him about an essay I'm currently writing, and it seems he's deactivated his account? I can't seem to come up with a reason as to why he did. I do recall him saying a few things about his dad. His dad likes to know where he is, and he didn't let his dad know when we went out on dates (his dad was at work while we were on the dates, and assumed he was at home). He wanted to go home at around 5 when we were on the date, and he said it was because his dad gave him 'grief' about that kind of thing. Isn't grief just annoying/teasing someone (I am not quite familiar with the term)? Does he possibly have a bad relationship problem with his dad? It would be quite strange if his dad was possessive, because we are nearly 18.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he is just tired of the idiocy that is Facebook. Talk to him some other way.

• Hmm, no I don't think that's the case. I know what you're on about, Facebook can be a bit of a pain, but I can't help but feel there's something going on between him and his dad...

• Could be. But usually dads aren't that picky about the girls their sons date. Often they are just glad they are dating girls.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe his dad forced him to delete his facebook account. Do you have his number? You can try calling him.