Why can't I say "I love you" to him?

I've been with my boyfriend for awhile now. And I love him to death and I'll do anything for him, but I never tell him I love him like.. ever. And I always think about how much I love him but I can never tell him I love him why is that? It's not like he doesn't say it either he tells me everyday but I just can't say it but I don't want to be with anyone else..

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be possible that you're afraid of telling him, because that would make it real. Because if you guys were to ever break up, it would hurt more if he knew you loved him. It could also be because love is a strong emotion, and can either build you up or break you down.

What Guys Said 5

• Seems like you are concerned or worried about something.

• What are you afraid of?
    Why is it so easy to say I love you to ice cream, but not to your boyfriend?

• Because you don't love him in actual thats why

• Either you love him or you just don't you have to look at it either way because I've studied dating long enough either you love the person or you don't no other choice look at it

• Can you go deeper in this? I don't really know what you're trying to say.

• What I'm saying is either you love him or you don't because I don't believe in love anymore I think it's nothing but lies

• Love does exist, but whether it's the real thing or not is the issue. Love, not infatuation, has the capability to break you down or build you up, so it's only natural to be cautious around it.

• Possibly an issue from a previous relationship?

What Girls Said 2

• you're scared and u don't have faith in yourself or in ur boyfriend. u think that when u tell him that u love him he may be distant from you. I'm experiencing this one too. everytime i begin to text 'i love you' i just delete it ,. i think it's about the low self esteem. good luck

• Telling someone "I love you" isn't the only form of showing someone love. Maybe you're not as verbal as he is about it.