Is it too soon to date again?

My ex boyfriend dumped me in Jan for another girl. He made up an excuse saying the reason he dumped me was because my dad didn't like him and that's why he lost interest. Till this day he still denies he was seeing her whilst he was with me and keeps saying it was all in my head and that I react so hard. I felt he was keeping me as a side chick so I took him off all my social media. I get texts from him (a text a month) saying "hope you're alright etc" I don't reply because I got hurt in the end.

On the day he broke up with me, my male best friend (of 5 years) drove 1.5hrs from his medical school just to see if I was okay. He gave me a lot of advice and said I made a lucky escape. Thing is, I'm falling for my best friend. He restored my faith in guys and well, he asked me out on a date. He said he understood if I needed more time and didn't want to rush me. I really want to date my best friend-do you guys think it will be too fast to jump into this relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's never too soon. Never let anyone go because you broke up yesterday. It's about love, when it's there enjoy it before it fly away.

Most Helpful Girl

• it doesn't depend in the time , it depends on YOU. if you're ready for another relationship just go for it , if u think u need a little more time then don't pressure yourself about all this dating thing. don't rush , accept the truth that your ex is out of your life and maybe he's happy with someone new.. then why shouldn't you be? if u feel like you're falling and u want to date him so bad this means that you're ready , just take the risk and maybe it will return for the better.. wish ya all the best <3

What Guys Said 2

• This will be ur rebound relationship and it won't last long...
    I would suggest u dont fall into it coz then if u break up with ur best friend.. u will end ur wonderful friendship as well.

• If u want it then its ok... Its ur life its ur choice... U have the right to be happy... Have a gud time with him... :D

What Girls Said 1

• If it feels right then go for it. Too soon, too late, there's no such thing. It's how you personally feel.