I'm uncomfortable with kissing and stuff until I know the person and am comfortable with them. How do I explain that to the guy I just went out with?

I went for coffee yesterday with a guy I met online. Ended up hanging out and chatting for six hours. He was so lovely. Really sweet and easy-going. I dropped him off at his car and he said he liked me and we seemed to click really well, and then texted me when I got home and said he thought I was pretty amazing and he was looking forward to going out again sometime soon. When we were in the car when I was dropping him off, I kind of sensed that maybe he wanted to kiss, but I just gave him a hug and sent him on his way haha
I like him, and think there's a lot of potential here, but I just don't know how or when or even if I should explain to him my... nervousness and discomfort with kissing and other physical stuff. I just don't want him to think I'm not interested if I seem like I don't want to kiss him, and I would also like to avoid awkwardness.

Most Helpful Guy

• you just tell him exactly what you typed out in your question title.

What Guys Said 1

• just let it happen.

no need to throw out guidelines.

What Girls Said 0