Is being persistent good?

There's this girl I haven't talked to in a few years and I want to take her out. But she says she's to busy to date. Should I be persistent with her and keep pursuing or would that annoy her?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes it is good, but u need to respect what she says too. maybe ask her if there is a way she can make time, or if she would consider making time in the future. allow yourself to pursue her, without getting in her way.

if she just isn't responding, then dont force it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Chris,

If she's showing any signs of interest, persist... lightly (e. g., text her something funny or just to say hi, twice a week WITHOUT asking her out, then when she seems more talkative invite her out to something specific).

If she doesn't engage you back in any way, being persistent = stalking. So, try a little, but don't put your dating life on hold for her.

What usually happens is that you'll persist for a while, she won't respond, then the exact moment you meet a new girl you really like, THAT'S when she'll finally want you.

Why is this? Because, the universe has a sense of humor :)

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah sometimes. Dude on tumblr messaged me like a week ago trying to get my snapchat and he just messaged again tonight and I caved and have it to him.

• It can be sometimes. Motivational long term goal persistent yes.. Girl saying no to being your girlfriend persistant.. Argh no

• I always side for persistent. Id say go for it

• depends on your level of attractiveness. if you're cute than i'll find it cute. if your not, than it's annoying

• It can be good but it can be bad too
    If she's not interested, you should move on

• If she mentioned she's too busy to date, she probably meant what she said. You could either keep trying and eventually change her mind, or she will find it annoying. Either way, Best of luck!

What Guys Said 5

• You should make at least 3 attempts. Arbitrary, but effective. If she declines after that 3rd attempt, she's not even considering you (and therefore won't make time for you), so it's best to move on.

• Yes you can persist but don't try too hard.

• If you ask the correct way. Asking in a somewhat smooth way, like inserting it in the midst of a conversation, like it's just another question, would be a good way to ask.

• Yes.

• Please don't bug the shit out of the poor girl. It seriously will only serve to do one thing. Make you look needy & desperate. Keep it casual and interesting, there's no "magic" way to make her want to date you all of a sudden. Talk to her, respect that she may be too busy to reply (you'd be surprised by how many women genuinely are) and keep it flirty so you don't get friend zoned lol. Good luck man.

Ps. If you really want to date, then don't wait for any one person, the world's your oyster ;)