What would you do if the person you're seeing says something disrespectful about your religion and then says he is sorry and was joking around?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be pissed off because it's extremely disrespectful. Idc what she thinks about my religion but she should at least treat it with respect because I believe in it

• So true!

• So what would you do have a serious talk or just leave her?

• I'd probably just tell her how much it upset me and why if it was the first time she did something like that

What Guys Said 6

• That's the reason, 'usually' relationships between people of different religions don't work.

Anyway, I'm an atheist. And 'if' I were religious, I would probably be hurt, and have a talk about to ensure it doesn't happen again.

• I wouldn't budge since I don't follow any religion.

• I'd say, "Religions are a bunch of claptrap designed to control people and benefit the ruling class, aren't they?"

• Well, if I don't care about that person, why should I care about his opinion. He can say whatever he wants.

• He was not sorry or joking around but due to respect for you he's lying and keeping his ego apart to take care of relationship.

• What does that mean? Is that a good thing or bad he said sorry after he saw how I reacted

• Yeah. It's good thing. He's more caring for you more than his ego.

• Be mad.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's time to have a serious conversation about your relationship. If there are things that make you question the relationship and your bond, you should bring it up and address it sooner rather than later.

• I would drop it the first time, because sometimes people don't mean any harm, they just have rude senses of humor (they're the ones who hate political correctness, generally). He sees that he crossed a line, and hopefully he learned.

If he keeps doing it, his apology is irrelevant and we're breaking up. There would be a warning between the first time he does it, and the breakup, of course.

• I wouldn't care. I don't care about religion! But if he was saying something sexist I would never talk to him again!

• Then he just crushed your dreams mate... if u likehim a lot and dated him a long time then have a talk to let him know thats not a joke... If ur religion is strict and u guys haven't really clicked then say bye bye bye

• I leave them.

• Depends on when he said sorry

Like did he say it instantly like he was really joking
    Or did he say it, mean it and said sorry later, because of my reaction

• He said sorry after he saw my reaction to what he said

• That's exactly what I did! Lol
      but then he got upset with me which I don't get

• xD upset or not, I wouldn't care xD

• Its disrespect. You can be with someone with a different belief system but respect is needed. Some people think their way if thinking is the only way

• Um f he said sorry then it should be fine and now he knows he has to respect your religion if he does it again then you know he's not the right one for you?