Is it ok for me to not date till I'm 25 or older?

I'm 18. I'm unstable to handle a relationship. I'm mostly an awkward guy, with zero social skills. I don't even know how to be awkward as possible. I can be very reliant on facts, and statistics Which kills the mood.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Totally OK!!! It's a smart move

• Of course it's ok. There's no age limit to start dating. You should date when you feel ready to. If you only date girls because "society" tells you when you should start dating , then you won't be happy and you'll attract the wrong type of girl.

What Guys Said 9

• It would only make things harder and cause you to fall even further behind relative to the girls in your dating pool. At 25 you'll likely be at of college at which point it becomes harder to meet girls compared to HS and college. The girls you do meet will have already gone through the fun experiemental period and will primarily be looking for guys to potentially settle down with. They would have had a few relationships and a handful of hookups under their belt while you will be just starting out.

Im not saying you can't put it off another year or two but I do think the longer you put it off the harder you make it for yourself in the end 😕

• I'll be mature in by then.

• I see what you mean

• I don't feel like having sexual partners though

• Who is to say one way or the other?

• its totally normal and ok to wait until how much you want to for dating, and dont stress about dating when the time will be right it'll happen.

• Well yea, unless you plan to be the same awkward and anti-social guy when you are 25...

• Skip the dating BS and just buy a wife.

• "I can be very reliant on facts, and statistics Which kills the mood." - Same story bro, same story.

I'm awkward and have 0 social skills and I'm never going to date in traditional western manner. I mean I'm not the type who will go on a date to know someone better and to bond. I will bond first and then confess. Anyway, that's my way.

It's totally fine for you to wait. Work on your anxiety/awkwardness and social skills.

• Well bud, we're the same. But fuck it. Just be yourself and have fun. Flirt with lots of girls as you want and just do it for sport. But dont touch them. Hihi. Build confidence.

• This may sound like total bs, because it's seriously what I thought when I was your age. With time comes wisdom, I say wisdom because just knowing shit would not help you in any way. I was shy and lacked in social skills big time. Only way to break out of that my friend, is to go out and face the world head on. Yes, it's scary as shit, but the more you go out there, the more confident in yourself you will become. Try going to meet-ups in your city. Those are a great way to make new friends and learn to socialize.

Ps. Don't feel like anyone is ever judging you, even when you're sure they are. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks but you... for now at least ;)

• It doesn't matter. Wait until you're ready