How should I ask this girl out?

So I'm 20 and there's this girl I work with I've known for 2 years that's 19. So when we first met I was 18 and she was 17. Anyway She goes to the same community college as me too. I always thought she was cute but I really started crushing on her about a year ago. January 2015, I got her number. She had a boyfriend at the time so I never really could go out with her then. So I stayed friends with her. In late June early July she broke up with her boyfriend, and started texting me almost everyday. She would always call me doll, and honey. During 4th of July weekend, she couldn't see fireworks so I sent her a Snapchat and told her at least now you can see some. She respond omg that's so sweet! Anyway I decided to ask her out one day, I didn't want to wait that long cause I didn't want her to get taken again. So I asked her at work while she was cashering a week after she broke up with her boyfriend. I know not very smart. She turned bright red and said we'll see. She texted me later saying she appreciated what I did and that I'm a such a sweet guy. But that it was just too soon. We stopped texting for months, (like all of rest of summer, fall, and winter) and stopped talking in general I think we both felt awkward about it. Anyway we've started talking a little bit again, and I texted her the first time in months yesterday cause it was her birthday. We had just a small little conversation, not like our usual all day conversations. But it's a start, I want to take things slow. How should I approach this? I really like her

What Girls Said 1

• well you should definitely try to take things slow, not excessively texting he and whatnot. in this kind of situation its best for you to wait a little for her to really initiate the conversation. but don't seem uninterested , you should try to keep in contact but also talk to her at a time convenient for her because she might still feel arkward. though its been awhile , she may still be grieving , if it was a serious relationship. so don't start flirting with her right away. its like putting salt in a wound , while it's still healing. just hope she forgives you ad try to be the best friend you can be untill you two are comfortable again , then eaze into being flirtatious. i wish you the best of luck my friend :) ;)

What Guys Said 1

• In my experience it doesn't work out.