Why do you like being single?

I am single, in my late twenties, and I feel pretty lonely sometimes. But I prefer to be single than to be with someone just for appearances. Plus, I don't have the anxiety that comes with dating or fear that he will cheat on me. What are your reasons? What do you remind yourself when you get lonely?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do i like being single?
    -Some people never get the option otherwise.

What do you remind yourself when you get lonely?
    -''You're better off on your own anyway mate, Just try and get through the day''

Most Helpful Girl

• I am exactly the same way. It just means we are happy enough being single that we do not need to settle or go out with just anyone. I personally cannot do that, I cannot fake interest. Also, when I do like someone, which I do now :( , it is not that fun worrying about his intentions and interest and worrying about him and feeling jealous if he might be seeing other people, etc. It sucks!!! But, also I feel like I should let him go because I should never wonder. So goodbye to him, I will be back to single , not wondering and waiting for the guy to come along that won't make me question anything!! So do not settle because it isn't fun and when I get lonely I just know eventually I will find that person. Nothing I can do to make that happen now.

What Guys Said 14

• I'm focusing on rebuilding my career, and also dealing with issues in life. It would be unfair to the woman if I date now, because I'm not in a position to give a relationship the dedication and nurturing it deserves.

• I just don't trust people, plus I'm a pretty... I'm fairly untraditional. I hold a lot of outrageous opinions and philosophies, so it's hard to find someone I agree with and so I'd rather just be alone.

I don't remind myself of anything when lonely, I like loneliness and solitude.

• i remind myself that im doing a lot of shit that ordinary 25 year olds don't do. so its reasonable.

• Doing as I please, that is one of the biggest perks for me. Loneliness is bound to creep up at odd times, but I know it is merely a moment of just wanting companionship at that given time so it doesn't bother me as much as it would say after a break up or whatever.

• being really honest i love the fact i am not tied town.
    I love i owe no one anything
    i love i dont have a negative woman in my ear trying to drain all my mental and emotional hapiness
    I love i have my own wallet and dont have to ask for any of my money
    i love the fack i can go to the gym any dam time i want and just do what ever i want

these are some things i enjoy being single for :)

• I don't. Sure, I have time for myself and don't get annoyed but still I'd prefer to be in a relationship

• i can do whatever i want, whenever i want xD i don´t have to consider other people. that´s all i can find about it that is "positive".

• I know that if my relationship with my girlfriend doesn't work out, I'm staying single for a long time

No drama
    No stress
    No wallet burning

• I prefer being single due to my last relationship though I never really wanted to date anyways. Never saw the benefits of it. Maybe it's because I got friends and never feel lonely.

• I'm single because I'm scared of being rejected. I would like to have at least one relationship before I die

• I don't care either way. I gain and lose nothing.

• I'm fine with being single. It's all I know.

• Not tied down and when I get "lonely" I simply hook up, it's like medicine, haha.

• I am single, in my late twenties, and I feel pretty horny sometimes. But I prefer to be single than to be pretend to care about someone just to have sex on hand. Plus, I don't have the anxiety that comes with dating or fear that she will leave me as soon she gets bored and I will have wasted time and money. What do you fap to when your balls feel heavy with jizz?

http://i.imgur.com/K8sL1VX.png?1

What Girls Said 10

• Similar, actually. I enjoy my freedom at the moment, but I'm still working through some medical issues and I don't think it's fair for the guy to deal with what I'm going through. Best to be single for now, less stress and anxiety for me. I haven't really touched someone else in a while, but I try not to think about that and just focus on a hobby or work or something.

• I've never known a relationship so I guess it's never been that difficult for me. Sure sometimes I see couples being affectionate and I'm like 😩😭

But at the end of the day I don't have to share my blankets with anyone, alter my sleeping habits, and am free to be as spontaneous with my life as I please without having to think of someone else.

• You say your lonely but then go on to say you wouldn't want someone just for appearances. Why wouldn't you want someone so you don't feel lonely?

• Being with someone who I don't have any shared interests or who does not care for me or who I can't even hold a modicum of chemistry with can make me feel even more lonely than if I were by myself. You can feel lonely even in a room full of people.

• Thank you for your opinion :) I appreciate your input and optimism.

• ☮❤️😊.

• I have more time for myself. I don't have to mentally prepare for flirting sessions. I don't have to make myself look pretty for dates. I can slouch around in baggy pants whenever I'm at home. I don't have to put effort into building up a relationship. I don't have to anxiously look at my phone, waiting for a guy to answer. I don't have to worry about my body and what it looks like underneath my clothes.

• I'm single cos dating is a distraction and I've got a lot going on.
    I remind myself I have friends.

• Sometimes it's okey because i've been single all the time, but on the other hand you want someone to be there next to you..

• I haven't been single for nearly 15 years I've almost forgotten what's its like.

• I love doing what I want, when I want. I can read all night. I can wear my comfy sweats arojnd the house. I can gain weight and nobody gets mad. I can spend the all the holidays with my loved ones. I can go on long walks with my iPod. I can spend the whole day in silence if I feel like it. I can binge watch my favorite movies. I only have my laundry, cooking and dishes to do.

• I don't... but a positive thing about it is your more free and there's no commitment or anything... your on your own and do as you please

• No not really.