Why do you like being single?

I am single, in my late twenties, and I feel pretty lonely sometimes. But I prefer to be single than to be with someone just for appearances. Plus, I don't have the anxiety that comes with dating or fear that he will cheat on me. What are your reasons? What do you remind yourself when you get lonely?

0|0
11|15

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do i like being single?
    -Some people never get the option otherwise.

What do you remind yourself when you get lonely?
    -''You're better off on your own anyway mate, Just try and get through the day''

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am exactly the same way. It just means we are happy enough being single that we do not need to settle or go out with just anyone. I personally cannot do that, I cannot fake interest. Also, when I do like someone, which I do now :( , it is not that fun worrying about his intentions and interest and worrying about him and feeling jealous if he might be seeing other people, etc. It sucks!!! But, also I feel like I should let him go because I should never wonder. So goodbye to him, I will be back to single , not wondering and waiting for the guy to come along that won't make me question anything!! So do not settle because it isn't fun and when I get lonely I just know eventually I will find that person. Nothing I can do to make that happen now.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• I'm focusing on rebuilding my career, and also dealing with issues in life. It would be unfair to the woman if I date now, because I'm not in a position to give a relationship the dedication and nurturing it deserves.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't trust people, plus I'm a pretty... I'm fairly untraditional. I hold a lot of outrageous opinions and philosophies, so it's hard to find someone I agree with and so I'd rather just be alone.

I don't remind myself of anything when lonely, I like loneliness and solitude.

0|0
    0|0
  • i remind myself that im doing a lot of shit that ordinary 25 year olds don't do. so its reasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doing as I please, that is one of the biggest perks for me. Loneliness is bound to creep up at odd times, but I know it is merely a moment of just wanting companionship at that given time so it doesn't bother me as much as it would say after a break up or whatever.

1|0
    0|0
  • being really honest i love the fact i am not tied town.
    I love i owe no one anything
    i love i dont have a negative woman in my ear trying to drain all my mental and emotional hapiness
    I love i have my own wallet and dont have to ask for any of my money
    i love the fack i can go to the gym any dam time i want and just do what ever i want

these are some things i enjoy being single for :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. Sure, I have time for myself and don't get annoyed but still I'd prefer to be in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • i can do whatever i want, whenever i want xD i don´t have to consider other people. that´s all i can find about it that is "positive".

0|0
    0|0
  • I know that if my relationship with my girlfriend doesn't work out, I'm staying single for a long time

No drama
    No stress
    No wallet burning

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer being single due to my last relationship though I never really wanted to date anyways. Never saw the benefits of it. Maybe it's because I got friends and never feel lonely.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm single because I'm scared of being rejected. I would like to have at least one relationship before I die

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care either way. I gain and lose nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with being single. It's all I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not tied down and when I get "lonely" I simply hook up, it's like medicine, haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am single, in my late twenties, and I feel pretty horny sometimes. But I prefer to be single than to be pretend to care about someone just to have sex on hand. Plus, I don't have the anxiety that comes with dating or fear that she will leave me as soon she gets bored and I will have wasted time and money. What do you fap to when your balls feel heavy with jizz?

http://i.imgur.com/K8sL1VX.png?1

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Similar, actually. I enjoy my freedom at the moment, but I'm still working through some medical issues and I don't think it's fair for the guy to deal with what I'm going through. Best to be single for now, less stress and anxiety for me. I haven't really touched someone else in a while, but I try not to think about that and just focus on a hobby or work or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never known a relationship so I guess it's never been that difficult for me. Sure sometimes I see couples being affectionate and I'm like 😩😭

But at the end of the day I don't have to share my blankets with anyone, alter my sleeping habits, and am free to be as spontaneous with my life as I please without having to think of someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • You say your lonely but then go on to say you wouldn't want someone just for appearances. Why wouldn't you want someone so you don't feel lonely?

0|0
    0|0
    • Being with someone who I don't have any shared interests or who does not care for me or who I can't even hold a modicum of chemistry with can make me feel even more lonely than if I were by myself. You can feel lonely even in a room full of people.

• Show All
    • Thank you for your opinion :) I appreciate your input and optimism.

• ☮❤️😊.

• I have more time for myself. I don't have to mentally prepare for flirting sessions. I don't have to make myself look pretty for dates. I can slouch around in baggy pants whenever I'm at home. I don't have to put effort into building up a relationship. I don't have to anxiously look at my phone, waiting for a guy to answer. I don't have to worry about my body and what it looks like underneath my clothes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm single cos dating is a distraction and I've got a lot going on.
    I remind myself I have friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it's okey because i've been single all the time, but on the other hand you want someone to be there next to you..

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been single for nearly 15 years I've almost forgotten what's its like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love doing what I want, when I want. I can read all night. I can wear my comfy sweats arojnd the house. I can gain weight and nobody gets mad. I can spend the all the holidays with my loved ones. I can go on long walks with my iPod. I can spend the whole day in silence if I feel like it. I can binge watch my favorite movies. I only have my laundry, cooking and dishes to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't... but a positive thing about it is your more free and there's no commitment or anything... your on your own and do as you please

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really.

0|0
    0|0