Catfishing my boyfriend? Funny or not?

I was bored and went on my boyfriends profile, he still has his ask fm, so I decided to mess with him. I made a fake account and said "you still with that chick? Lemme know cus I wanna hit that". I just wanted to sound like a fuckboy and see what he says. I asked and thought it was funny, but now I'm questioning wether I should have done that. Is it funny or no? I will confess it was me in the end

I never meant it in a bad manner, should I really not mention it was me?
I feel like I really fucked up I didn't think about how it could seem, to me it was just lighthearted

Most Helpful Guy

• Not funny at all. Will only hurt your relationship by either of 2 ways,
    1) how are you going to feel if he responds positively to that?
    2) even if he doesn't, if he finds out it was you, that screams out that you don't trust him. That would be my first thought if it were me. I'd have a hard time staying with someone if I knew they didn't trust me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not funny.
    Get ready to be dumped.

What Guys Said 10

• That may seem funny at the time, yet if he's feeling neglected or you are doing anything that has him not feeling good around him, he might respond to that. If he's feeling vulnerable, he may act on it. Be careful sometimes pranks have to be thought out more before doing them, hate to see him even think about emotionally cheating on you. That one may blow up in your face.

• Actually lame, once a girl tried to pull this on me and I end up not talking to her. So don't confess it's you and leave it

• He'll probably think you're flirting with other dudes behind his back, and he'll probably dump your sorry ass for some other girl.

• Lol that's a big no, stalker alert. If you told me I would probably dump your ass.

• That's hilarious.

• It's solely your decision.

• Not funny sounds crazy
    Itll be funny when you unintentionally ruin your relationship tho

• Id laugh not with you either laugh at you

• I wouldn't find it funny.

• Not funny,

What Girls Said 9

• 😮 Its a weird thing to do and psychotic behaviour. . If a boyfriend did that to me I'd dump his ass. It's manipulative and deceitful, so that would certainly be a deal-breaker for me.

I can't understand why doing such a thing would even cross your mind. Next time you are bored find something more constructive to do.

• Bit creepy and makes you look like you can't trust your boyfriend without having to be sneaking up his ass 24/7 wondering who he's messaging.

• No it just looks like you can't trust him.

• I wouldn't find its funny. I'd think that partner was trying to manipulate me or trick me into cheating or doing something. I like trust to allow me to make friends with people and chat about things.

• i know you meant no harm but that could backfire on you

• That's immature and I hope he dumps you after you tell him
    You got issues

• I don't think it's the nicest thing to do. I personally wouldn't have done it, but it all depends on what kind of personality your boyfriend has. And if he has a good sense of humor

• It seems like you were trying to make him jealous.

• Not funny.