When is the right time to say I love you?

Been together six months. How will he feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• when you think you are ready to make sacrifices for them just to make them happy and you feel they feel the same way about you then you should say i love you.

Most Helpful Girl

• the right time is whenever you know you love them

What Guys Said 32

• You haven't given us many facts upon which to base our advice. The right time is different for each couple and each individual. Without any facts other than 6 months, I can give some general observations.

The right time for you depends on your comfort level, your reason for telling your partner. Suppose you tell your partner and he does not say the same thing to you. How will you feel then? Will that make your relationship uncomfortable? Are you bursting with love and can't wait to say it?

How will your partner feel when he hears that? Will he treat it as a wonderful gift? Will he be afraid that those words carry come additional obligations on his part or that you have an agenda? How will he feel if he is not ready to say those words to you?

One additional note: whenever you do tell him, do it at a time when you are both fully clothed and not starting to get intimate. You don't want there to be any confusion between love and lust.

• the right time is when you feel ready. there is no set time but just the time that you feel it and feel comfortable telling him

• There is no set time frame and I think it's always nice to hear someone tell me they love me but I can't speak for everyone

• Best time is when he is in the same room. Otherwise, he won't hear you and he won't know how you feel about him. So next time he is near you, just look at him in the eyes and say: "I love you!"

• There is no defined time limit as such, it depends on you and when you are sure and mentally ready to say it.

• When you realize you love him.

Who knows how he will feel. He'll probably feel amazing if he's serious about you.

• I would say when you love them lol. Really though, it's not really possible to say when it's the right time. Every relationship/person is different and without knowing all the ins and outs of the relationship it's impossible to say.

• One year would be nice to make sure its not puppy love

• You both are really flipping late to the party lololo

• It varies but there is no real set time to say it.

• I said it way sooner than that, but it depends on your relationship.

• Whenever you feel ready.

• When you feel ready, when you got to get it off your chest

• close the bed room tight be in your bikini rape him have sex and say that you love him

seriously !! no kidding

• Not really important. Say whenever.

• I think that's about time I feel you can say I love you between 6-8 months

• Time will never be right and always would be ahead of us.

• when you feel it with your heart, there is no defined time when you're supposed to tell it.

• all day everyday...

• never

• He'll probably be very happy.

• Dear. I should ask you in return. Is there really any time are you following for saying it?

• when u love him

• before its too late and they're out of your life

• at 12 noon on 3.04.16 is the right time :)

• When you deeply care for your partner and would fight a bear for him.

• when you become comfortable

• when you orgasm

• When you've been through too much suffering and hardships together... yet he still stays loyal.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 22

• After a year. . I've seen this too many times on reality TV. It's a deep powerful phrase and you need to know what it really means before you say it. You need to wait, because the moment you say it, your heart suddenly becomes an open door, and it becomes fragilefragile and weak. Actions speak louder than words. Once you have experienced powerfully true loyal loving actions that have truly proven to yourself that you love this person, that this person is your future and your are their future, that you will sacrifice anything for... then say it. Because there's a huge difference between
    "I love you"
    And
    "I love having you"
    I love you means
    Self sacrifice, long suffering, slow temper, love, faith, etc
    Thereas "I love having you" could mean that you like a lot about the person. You're loving not being single, but that's not enough.
    You need to experience the pains and pleasures of who you love before you can admit you love them. But you need to be sure, that you are a person who is also just as much worthy of being loved and having the person tell you they love you.

• When you feel it.

• How he will feel depends on if the love is mutual. If you're not fairly confident he loves you too, then it's probably not the right time to say it yet.

• You say it when you feel it and can't hold it in any longer. I'm sure he'll appreciate hearing it. Just don't say it to expect to hear it in return or be hurt if he doesn't.

• There is no set time frame. I said it to the guy I loved after 8 months and he dumped me for it. So it's down to you and your relationship I guess? Good luck :)

• you have nice eyes

• but you've moved past it now, yeah? gotten stronger as a result?

• @redeyemindtricks oh god no. I'm as lonely and depressed as ever. His mind games and lies have made me feel like I can't trust anyone again.

• You should say it if you feel fairly confident that he'll say it back. Or you could say it but be prepared for him to not say it back. Even if he doesn't, doesn't mean he never will.
    If you truly feel it in your heart, there is nothing wrong with expressing it. Communication is most important when it comes to relationships.

• Color me old fashioned but NEVER!! Wait for him to say it first! Always!!

• The right time is whenever you're sure! I was the first to say it to a former boyfriend and I did not expect him to say it back (primarily because he was going through a difficult time). It wasn't uncomfortable and I didn't dwell on it. Months later, he told me that he loved me.

Saying I love you is not about receiving a reaction. You are simply sharing a feeling. Likewise, I once had a boyfriend that said he loved me when he was unsure. It hurt me deeply when he eventually said that he "thought" he did. Saying I love you can be really wonderful. You just need to be sure that you truly feel this way about him and don't dwell too much on his reaction. If he isn't ready to say it back yet, it doesn't mean that he never will be. If that is the case, be patient and understanding. Show him that you do not expect anything of him and that just wanted to share that feeling with him :)

• When you have established that the other person would do anything for you.

• I usually say it within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone but it really depends yanno?

• Six months definitely means something. He loves you.. Dont question it. Some love.. is love enough

• There is no right time. If you feel it, then say it.

• My ex boyfriend told me I love you after one month, so I'm sure he'd feel very happy if you told him that. Just wait for the right moment. Don't just blurt it out.

• by this time I'm surprised you haven't been saying it to one another already

• Whenever you feel it is.

• When I really know the person

• The right times when you feel it. There is no magic number.

• 6 months and you haven't even said i love you.

it's never going to happen anymore

• If you feel like you really truly love him then say it now.

• When you really ACTUALLY mean it

• We will shock. But if he still love u, he will be so hsppy and lovely.

• 6 months is long enough I think. If you feel it than tell him.