She invites me to meet her parents but then she acts distant?

I am sure I am reading way too much into this, but I have been burned a lot by girls in the past. I've been going out with this girl for a couple weeks now, she lives about 2 hours away but we see each other almost every weekend. This last weekend she was in town for Easter and invited me to a double date to see a movie and then yesterday she asked me to come over for dinner and to meet her parents. It went really well, and I think her parents liked me.

But today she has barely been texting at all. It seems to be like this the day after we go out or hang out. We'll go out and things go really well, but then the next day she's very distant. I was just wondering why that would be? I don't think she's losing interest or anything, but it just seems strange and it makes me second guess if the date went well everytime.

I have met her entire family now (her brother and sister a few weeks ago), and they knew a lot about me before I got there yesterday, which means she has been talking a decent amount about me. Maybe she is trying to not act too clingy a day after a date?

What Girls Said 2

• She's either busy or she's trying not to act clingy or over excited about how well everything went. Sometimes girls downplay their emotions because when we act out how we really feel, then guys can freak out or feel overwhelmed.

• It's really hard to say. If you felt as though the date went well, and you don't recall any awkward or unfortunate incidents then things are probably fine. It sounds as though this is a regular occurrence. I wouldn't read too much into it. You've been going out for a very short time. It could be possible that she isn't sure about you yet, but that doesn't mean that she won't be in the future. It could also just be that she's busy or playing hard to get. Dating experts often encourage being or appearing "busy" so that potential boyfriends will not see you as clingy and know that you have interests/hobbies of your own to keep you occupied.

• Yea it's pretty regular, which makes me feel much better about it. She barely texted me at all on Saturday and Sunday after a date we had Friday, and then halfway through Monday she asked me to dinner to meet her parents and they even went out and got special stuff specifically for me for the dinner. So that really made me feel better about the whole thing. I am completely cool with her not texting me, it's just we are so early in the relationship that it can be hard to tell if it's just how she is, or if things aren't going well and that's why she isn't texting.

What Guys Said 0