Would you date someone who carries a concealed handgun everyday?

I've heard several girls say that they would be afraid to date a guy that carried a concealed handgun. I don't understand this thinking? Wouldn't you want your boyfriend to be able to defend you in a crisis?

I've carried for the last 6 years. I've only had to pull it once and I didn't even have to point it at the person. I came to the aid of a woman who was getting the shit beaten out of her by her guy at a gas station. Just seeing the gun was enough to make him stop.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't have a problem with my guy legally carrying an concealed weapon for defensive purposes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure I would I know a couple women who do actually conceal and carry, family among em heck even if they open carried I wouldn't mind it at all, and I'll be getting a handgun myself and a concealed carry license probably in a few years as well, just for self defense purposes and also to target shoot every now and then. But until then I carry a standard issue USMC K-Bar on my hip which I'm trained to use.

I mean I'm a strong fighter in hand to hand but at the end of the day that's not going to do anything when it comes to someone armed with a gun and I would rather have a firearm to fall back if I have to, after all it's better to be armed and never have to use your weapon then be unarmed and be in a situation were you'd need it.

And I think women should understand that those of us that carry legally we don't carry them because we're trying to look cool, badass or anything stupid like that anything we carry them for protection because this is a dangerous world we live in but also because it's our right to as well. And I would think they would feel more safe knowing we have that capability to keep them safe if anything should happen.

but at the same time I do get why they would be afraid and I'll admit a large portion of the general public can't really be trusted with firearms. But at the same time there are people like you who have military experience and have been shooting since you were a kid that are perfectly fine for owning one or people like me that come from gun/military families and have been around weapons all our lives and knows what we are doing.

I think one thing that would make the general public smarter when it came to weapons and also helping to make none gun owners feel safer, is putting in place a mandatory gun safety classes/courses that in order to own and operate a firearm of any kind you must complete the class or course that way everyone is educated in the operation of a weapon, it's dangers, it's uses what to do and not do and also how to use it and keep it clean. And it should be overseen or even taught by either law enforcement or military personal, someone educated in the use of firearms.

I think that would help a ton.

What Girls Said 3

• Where I live that would be illegal. To be honest, I'd wonder if he carried it because he lived a criminal lifestyle , so needed it for protection from enemies he'd made. I'd also assume he was paranoid.

So it wouldn't make me feel more safe, it would make me feel uneasy and unsafe around him, because I'd be under the assumption he needed it to watch his own back from certain people who also lived a criminal lifestyle.

• I wouldn't date someone who had a gun.

• Yes I would be fine, by the way I never saw real gun since it's illegal here

What Guys Said 8

• No I would not. In New Zealand if you took a gun out in public you would be arrested by the police faster than you knew it. Most people are not even aloud to own guns in my country, not even aloud to have them in their homes. Pepper Spray and Tasers are also illegal here.

• You can be arrested for having any form of weapon on you in public places.

• Some guns you are not allowed to own in NZ and for the ones you are allowed to own it is a very strict process, not everyone can own a gun. Most people don't. We have grown up without them. The thing is you can't imagine not having them because you have grown up with them but for us it is the opposite. It comes down to what your use to. :)

• Very true. Its both a recreational activity and a defensive tool here in our culture. Its kind of an odd thing really.

• Most of the women I know carry handguns of their own. I suspect it likely will depend on where you live as to how the women are likely to feel about it.

• I'd date a girl who carries a concealed handgun everyday. Hell I plan on doing that myself eventually. Why would I be upset with her? Lol.

• I'm going to start carrying soon. I hope girls are ok with that.

• I dont support concealed carry. I'm a total gun nut by the way, I just think the general population is far too stupid to be trusted with firearms in public.
    Its illegal here, so its an irrelevant point, but hypothetically I wouldn't date a girl that carried a gun.

• I would have to agree that the vast majority of people are not intelligent enough to be trusted with a firearm. I've seen plenty of instances that proves this point. Hell, most shouldn't even be aloud to drive. However I've also seen how useful a firearm can be in some situations. Its a double edged sword of an issue.

• its the wild west! lol

• It's illegal where I live, so they were either law enforcement or a criminal.

• I would not.