At what age does the party girl phase just seem sad and kinda immature?

I've been dating my girlfriend for a year now she is 28 and I am 25. At her age she still likes to party hard drink go to clubs and looks for destination party places like Ibiza and Mexico for trips to party. Question is, is she too old to still have this mentality? She's almost 29 and I'm even past that stage and I'm younger, am I overthinking it or is this normal?

• Past 25
  • Past 30

Most Helpful Girl

• Right adfwr I turned 26 I was at work one morning and one of my friends was 2 hours late and then threw up randomly because he was so hung over. Then I realized that this is how a lot of my friends were at that time and I was over it. I had just bought a big screen TV so I just stayed home and rented movies mostly. I still went out when someone asked me most of the time, but I quit actively making an effort to hang out with these people. Eventually I stopped going out altogether. Sometimes I miss it, but I am too old for that now and my life is much more rewarding now.

I would say mid-20's is a good time to stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anon,

It's normal for her and she probably won't change or settle down until after she hits 30.

I wouldn't overthink it because what will probably happen is this:

You'll grow bored and increasingly turned off by the hot/crazy party chick and regular, smart, everyday girls who hate clubs will suddenly become SUPER attractive to you.

I went through this a couple of times and when you find the right girl (non-partyer, Netflix and chill type), you'll actually experience real happiness.

Sidenote: Just saw a "hot" club girl I dated ten years ago and she looks like she's 50 (boozing it up constantly does not age anyone well).

What Girls Said 19

• For some it's normal it just depends on what you two have in common etc. I don't think she's necessarily too old.. but I do think thats where you two are different.

• In my opinion it's always a stupid lifestyle decisions regardless of age.

• I turn 21 in 2 weeks and I'm already over it. My 21st bday is going to be: family, cake, and a glass of wine.

• I never digged this lifestyle so I can't really say, some women are still into it in their 40's... it depends on the individual.

• i didn't really have a 'party-girl' phase, lol. i went clubbing, like, once (i was 18) and never again. but i know women in their 30s and 40s who still do this.

then again, the age of adolescence has been extended and 30 is the new 20.

• I stopped at 22 lol.

• Yes, that's the right age to stop being the party girl and start thinking about what happens M-F.

• It's her life, she can party till she is 70 if that's what makes her happy. Don't be the dick who wants to see her miserable and bored.

• I'm 21 going on 22 'n' I'm already passed that phase. I like to have small parties/gatherings during special occassions or holidays. But that's about it. And partying hard is totally fine @ any age, as long as the person is being responsible when partying 'n' drinking. But getting wild 'n' super trashed while partying should stop once the person reaches a certain age range.

• Past 30 I think

• Im 20 and I never got drunk before nor drugs, and I don't party (although I do like to dance). So I guess it really depends on the girl, when she will mature up.

• Some girls will forever like to party maybe. I've been to parties where are like couples of 30/40. I even had a friend who went to techno-festivals with her mum. Pretty funny.

• I stopped as soon as I graduated college, and I couldn't be happier lol

• To me it is never attractive at any age, so that being said I will have to say past 25

• Past 25. I've never been interested in that lifestyle though.

• i feel like 25 is the age to stop because you ned to focus on your future as well as have fun. going out and partying every now and then is fine. i for one don't find the appeal in going out and getting smashed. but both my cousins are 25 and 28 and they have no job, and rely on their dads money still to pay for their alcohol. one doesn't work and one does but only one day a week.
    i reckon you need to know when to stop and settle

• I never had a "party" stage. I though I had a make reckless decision phase (which is what I am guessing the party phase is)... between maybe 15- to just under 17. I personally don't think your too old even at 30,35, 40 to drink and travel... I mean you can't even drink legally until 21. If someone likes to go out and have drinks, travel and dance... why should they have to out grow that? You can still be plenty responsible and have a life that includes hobbies you enjoy.

• I think probably around 25. Most people leave college around 21-22 which partying is obviously a given, but then after that for a few years partying is given as well.

• Um then date another girl

• I see couples who go out together forever. It's more a matter of compatibility than age.

What Guys Said 17

• at least 25 minimum. i picked 25 because i was chillin at my buds house and we're all hanging out with people we went to school with since elementary, and 2 girls got knocked up and have kids, they brought their child with them, and everyone else is around the same age, just getting fucked up drinking, having a good time like they always do, and for a moment.. it just looked so fucking stupid. they're still doing the same shit. thats all i got lol.

• Anything over 2 months old.

I was gonna say around 22-23. But really, any partying at all is kind of sad and immature. By 22-23 people should be getting their shit together and knock that stuff off. Going out every now and then, like a couple of times a year, is not a big deal, but to be a regular partier after the early 20s is too much.

• Honestly I found that behavior disappointing even when I was 16, and my stance on it hasn't really changed. I think it's even more of a waste of time than procrastination activities that are a waste of time.

I was always past that stage. I'm totally going to that concert on Wednesday 2 and a half weeks from now though, not for the drink but for the music!

• I got over it basically when I turned 19, it has its moments but not worth it in the long run.

• Sloots.

First year - straight
    Second year - lesbian cos now they feel guilty
    Third year - Turn straight again cos they figure they ain't getting text back so they just accept their faith

• After 24, or so, the party has to slow down a notch. I don't think anyone looks good partying hardcore at 28. All in good moderation.

• Neither.
    It's a free country dude.
    She can do what she wants.
    If you're so put off by that lifestyle, just break up with her and look for someone that isn't like that.

• Man... it depends on the girl some people just like the club scene, dancing, energy could last a way past 30...40?

• It seems sad to me when you graduate college.

• I'd head for the hills quick as hell

• You're implying it will end.

• Once your out of college

• Past 18. She should grow up and act like a responsible adult.

• Why should there be an age limit for partying? People are going to do what they want whether you like it or not!

• There's no stop... and I'd rather a party chick than a fuckin' loner... whoever thinks there's an age limit I'm gonna kick their neck...

Well party music today sucks though... but dat's another story... I just like party gal mentality I mean...

• Any girl who would rather party than anything else is not the type you should want sure if your around 18-25 usually a guy would love a party girl considering the drinker she gets the easier it would be to get with her. but if she is almost 30 and not slowing down a bit I will say I believe you do not need to waste anymore time especially if your wanting to settle down. Now don't get me wrong if you want to go out and drink once or twice a week you can but if you think she is partying to much now then your red flag is already flying.

• Call me crazy, but i'm gonna say... like 21, if its a major focus.