Even if you hate tattoos, would you mind it if it had meaning?

Suppose your significant other went out and got a tattoo that you hate. If it had a deep personal meaning to her/him, would it still be a deal breaker for you?

• Yes, I don't care what it means.
  • No, not if it was important to them.
  • Indifferent.

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend has beautiful pale skin, and we've talked tattoos a few times in the past. I think they rarely look good on people, and they sure as hell wouldn't look good on me.

She, however, has told me that she wants to get one in the future and that I'll "have to deal with it." I'd much, MUCH prefer it if she left her beautiful skin as it is... But since I love her as much as I do, I'd just have to suck it up, unfortunate'y.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't mind tattoo's for the most part so it wouldn't bother me as long as it wasn't like some massive fully bodied one I hate those.

• It depends on where it was and how big it was. Tattoos are a huge turn off for me so if she went out and got a big tattoo that's highly visible then I'd probably dump her because I wouldn't be attracted to her anymore

• I don't really care about tattoos unless it interferes with getting a job

• I still think they are trashy...

• My girlfriend wants one and even tried to convince me to get one. I don't like them. If you have beautiful skin, why mess it up? But she wants to express her self with something small and I love her enough i support it. It's nothing obnoxious either or I would say no.

• I don't care what a tattoo means I judge based on the aesthetics. In my opinion if you are going to let someone permanently ink up your body and you put lackluster care into the design and choosing the right artist I judge you a little.

• I couldn't care less about any "meaning" behind the tattoo. If my significant other goes out and gets a tattoo, and knows I hate them, them it's a definite deal breaker

• Interesting opinion, what if they talked to you about it first and ultimately decided it was their body?

• Then it would be sayonara baby

What Girls Said 7

• i like tattoos- i've had mine since i was 25, and it's my dad's artwork, so it means a lot to me. if someone really hates it, he can go fuck himself. lol.

ditto if my man gets one. i like what he has in mind but, even if i didn't, i wouldn't say a word if i knew it was significant to him.

(fyi: mine is a small tattoo of a dragon on my left shoulder blade, so it can easily be covered up for things like job interviews but i can still show it off if i want to).

that said, von is against irresponsible inking. a tattoo is permanent, and something silly (like a cartoon character) is a deal breaker for me.

• I don't like tattoos but not to the point where they are a deal breaker lol.

I get that tattoos can have a deep beautiful meaning but why does that mean that you need it on your skin? But I also believe that you can do whatever you want with your body, so if that's what you want then go for it.

• Nope!

• Small ones like words n symbols with meaning aren't bad but sleaves And bigger ones are a no go.

• i am fine with my boyfriend's tattoos

• I'm cool with tats

• Not a fan of tattoos. If I love person, I'd look past it much like a scar.