Are you ok with saying "baby, babe" to your SO? Are you also ok with "daddy, papi, mami, etc"?

I see that more people are ok with saying "babe" and "baby". But when people hear "daddy, papi, mami", it sounds more creepy. And that whole "it sounds incestuous", but then, does calling them your "baby" make it pedophilic?

Personally, "babe" and "daddy" are creepy to me. Or they were. My first ex got bothered that I refused to call him it and he didn't really like the nickname I gave him lol XD
But it was just weird to me. But then, I guess with enough bugging, I finally called him babe/baby and was like meh. But "daddy/papi/mami" still seem weird to me.

I don't really like either though. I prefer to say "mi amor (my love)" or a nickname I give them.

Are y'all ok with both? With one but not the other? Either?

• I'm ok with using both "babe/baby" and "papi/mami/daddy/etc"
    19% (6)41% (11)29% (17)Vote
  • I'm ONLY ok with using babe/baby but NOT papi/mami/daddy
    53% (17)37% (10)46% (27)Vote
  • I'm ONLY ok with using papi/mami/daddy, but NOT babe/baby
    0% (0)7% (2)3% (2)Vote
  • I'm not ok with either! They sound pedophilic or incestuous. Creepy!!
    28% (9)15% (4)22% (13)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
20|21

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The biggest hypocrisy that I fuckin' hate about the daddy thing.

Like people won't hesitate to call me weird and judge me to the moon and back for calling someone daddy, but then when they get called baby suddenly it's fine? It's alright? It's kosher? There's no correlation?

Fucked up, annoys the shit out of me.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• mainly mexican people say mami and papi right.

anyways, im chill with babe and baby.

1|1
    0|0
    • Hispanic, I think it's more Puerto Rican and Caribbean types.

I'm not into that lol

• damn i should have said hispanic lol. or anything "Spanish", wow i really dont know how to word this lol.

well since I don't speak the language im not into mami or papi either, plus it sounds extremely childish lol.

• I would have no problem calling my girlfriend "baby" (although i don't like "babe" because i think it sounds kinda ghetto and insincere). But because I've always used the term "baby" for a girlfriend, I'd be uncomfortable with calling my (hypothetical) son or daughter "baby".

1|0
    0|0
  • I once in a while have called my former girlfriend babe or baby. I am not into the Latin papi or mami talk at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't want either of them because they seem overused and unoriginal. Give me a unique nickname and stay away from the common bs lol

2|0
    0|0
  • A for me... okay if she'd absolutely want to call me daddy I wouldn't send her away for it but I'm not a fan :o
    Maybe I'd find it okay if we had kids together since for the kids I'd be daddy :D

1|0
    0|0
  • It all sounds either incestuous, or as if I was putting her down and treating her like a child.

I just call them by name. They have a name for a reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely don't like daddy talk. And papi and mami feel like the same thing, so nope.

Babe and baby don't bother me, but they're not my favorite either. I'd prefer we came up with our own names, along with the occasional sweetie/darlin/honey.

1|0
    0|0
  • My wife called me babe from time to time. I am ok with it.

I don't want anyone but my son or daughter to call me "daddy"

A woman I am kinda dating calls me corazon and sometimes huerito guapo (handsome white boy?). I find that amusing.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, this same woman refers to her own children (they're grown up now ) as "mami" and "papi" which I find bewildering.

• I typically say whatever comes to mind. The papi/mami thing does nothing for me, because I am hispanic.

I have also never called anyone but my father "daddy", come to think about it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care I'll say whatever to make her happy she can even call me chaning tatum if she wants lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only use "babe" occasionally. I feel like Mami and Papi are between certain Latino groups. The one Mexican girl I dated hated being called Mami but her brother and his girlfriend always called each other that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind babe or baby but I'll say no thanks to the rest of those names.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't use those words/terms.
    I usually say, "sexy thang!!"

2|0
    0|0
  • seems creppy to me if she's younger by a few years. I can't do or deal with "daddy"

1|0
    0|0
  • dont like that,...

1|0
    0|0
  • My wife calls me Baba, basically daddy

1|0
    0|0
  • I only call people by their name.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think its fine, i know exactly what im talking about and to whom

1|0
    0|0
  • Daddy papi and mami sound totally ridiculous and irrelevant...

1|0
    0|0
  • ye call me daddy ;)

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• Well, I would think "babe" is not so bad, because who calls their children babe? ... I've never heard anyone call them babe... Only boyfriend girlfriend...

Baby, papi, mami, daddy, etc... Are just gross... But baby would be less gross, simply because you don't call your baby, "baby" .. You usually call them some other nickname, or their own name... But you do call your parents daddy. Mommy, etc... Rather than heir names... Which is why it's more disgusting to me to say daddy to a boyfriend... And so on.. It just seems wrong.. But baby , babe.. Only pass because you don't actually referr to your child as baby... You just know they are babies... But not call hem that...

Anywayyyy, I don't say babe, baby or any of these other weird things to my boyfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like being called "babe", but I'm not a huge fan of "baby" and the only time I use "papi" is when I'm saying "Aye papi" as a joke to my best friend lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like any of them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm ok with babe. Don't really like baby. I like making up my own nicknames too. I'm definitely not into the daddy/papi thing. Mami would be ok but only if he speaks Spanish fluently lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Considering that I call my dog "baby" most of the time, it doesn't have that connotation for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend calls me baby And I like it!
    But not the second option! That's immoral behavior :x!

1|0
    0|0
  • I' m like you as well. It doesn''t mesh well with me. I like to create my own nickname that has some sort of sentimental value. And something that others don't use or know about :P

1|0
    0|0
  • I can tolerate "babe/baby". It's preferable to not be called that, but it's no big deal. Whereas "mami/mommy" would freak me the fuck out.

1|0
    0|0
  • fine with babe, baby. might say the others as a joke.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah I am ok with it

1|2
    0|0
  • Same I use mi amor, guapo, hermoso, papi. Those are normal here.

1|1
    0|0
  • I call My boyfriend Babe, Baby, & Mi amor. I'm not into the whole Papi Chulo stuffs. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm cool using babe or baby

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha. Cool!
    I use mi amor, or miel (honey in spanish).

1|0
    0|0
  • Creepy isn't the word. Sounds like hillbilly crap

1|0
    0|0
  • Baby, babe is ok for me, I find it cute but daddy and all the other is weird. I don't like it

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm ok with being referred to as babe but it doesn't come naturally for me to use generic 'terms' I guess mine are more personal sort to speak

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly dislike both.

1|0
    0|0
  • Daddy 😍

1|0
    0|0