Is it bad that I was with a girl after 9PM and I have a girlfriend?

My girlfriend is all of a sudden mad because last night i was with a girl for a presentation and i stayed until 10:30. We didn't do anything bad at all, literally got a pizza and did 15 slides for out powerpoint. Now i did not tell my girlfriend this. She asked me what i was doing last nmight cause i didn't call her back and now we got into an argument cause she says that i'm not suppose to be with a girl late at night like this.

Do you agree or disagree with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same issue. My boyfriend has 3 female friends. He went to have drinks at a pub with one of them after work, he usually will once or twice a month. Now I believe men and women can have opposite sex friends. I do have a problem with going out late like that, he thinks its okay because he has 5 older sisters and gets along with women more than men that's what he's been raised with.. but since im not married to my boyfriend (yet) and ur girl isn't married to you, none of us can tell the other who to hang with, we just have to trust them. He knows im not used to it and he knows i will leave him in 1 second if he cheats and its his job to keep my trust like I do with his.. so he willingly (he came up with this) calls me before and or during his hangouts to make sure im okay with it and to make me feel more comforteble, he even said if i feel extra worried or bothered by it one night, he will cancel and come straight home. We have compromised and thats how it should be.

I won't tell him to cut his long time friends to the curb, and he wants to make me feel more comfortable and to show he understands. You should do the same! As long as you arnt doing anything to lose your girls trust, and if this girl your hanging with tries anything your willing to stop her immediately then your fine. And ur working on a project /assignment im guessing? You are more than okay for doing that. But tell your girl anything that has to do with another girl, dont hide it.. its a sign of respect and shows you care about her feelings.

• i had conversation with her and now all is well. She was cheated on before by her ex and so i guess that is why she didn't trust me, at the same time i should called her back that same moment. Also it was also my fault for going out that late too to do the powerpoints, but things are ok now

• Thats awesome things are great now !!! Its good you realized ur mistake not many guys do. Also Thanks for the MHO :)

• yeah if im wrong, ill admit to it, im notlike other guys who don't. it was wrong of me and next time i'll let her know. No problem.

What Girls Said 9

• Those are booty call hours , that is why.

But if your girlfriend has trust you, how long you spent with the girl should not make a difference.
    Unfortunately, her insecurities are speaking far louder than the situation itself.
    She has no trust in you because she has trust issues.

• Your girlfriend is in the wrong because if she cannot believe what you tell her, then you have no foundation to your relationship.

"Trust" is the glue that holds every relationship together without it, it's only a matter of time before the relationship crumbles.

• Yeah, her trust issues are definitely getting the best of her.
      You did nothing wrong at all, but now that you know she's very insecure if that ever happens again make sure you call her.

• i will have a good talk with her. I want both of us to be on the same page

• Well you should have been honest with her instead of lying about what you did. You should have just answered her call and told her you were working on a project with your partner and you would call her when you were done, or something like that.

• oh hold now, i never lied, i just didn't answer her call, i didn't have it on loud. I checked at like 10 and i just said to myself i would call her later, she didn't text me so i didn't think anything of it. But yes i should of texted her. I will talk to her about it later this week

• Your girlfriend is being ridiculous.

I am confused tho what you didn't tell your gf? Did you not tell her you were working on a presentation? Why not? I assume that would have solved the issue pretty easily...

• it;s solved now. I had my phone on silent and didn't hear her call, i explained why after

• Partially. You should be able to go out but at least let her know your ok or what your doing

• we will talk about it tomorrow, but yeah you're correct, i should of let her know

• Did the teacher force you to group up with that chick?

• No, we picked partners. Our group is 3 people, but my other friend (guy) could not come. We made the power point but he will say a bit more of the slides.

• Who knows she might have fun watching you making them.

I know when my boyfriend is working on a project for his computer classes (I keep forgetting the names) I'm fascinated by what he's doing. Though he only lets me do that as long as I don't blab and stay quiet so he can focus.

• lmao my girlfriend loves talking to me. Like when i write what im saying she can be there with me.

• It is bad because it's girl code... that other girl should've known not to break the rules

• We're ok now, i have spoke to her and explained the situation. I don't know anything about girl code, but i now i do understand past 9pm with another girl is a no-no.

• I disagree with her

• i think she might be a little insecure but she doesn't mind if i hangout with girls, maybe it was just the time.

• She is mad because you probably did not tell her and that looks suspicious as hell

• yeah i can say iot was my fault too, i will talk with her tomorrow

• Agree should of had your girlfriend there

• i can't bring my girlfriend to another girls house

• Shouldve of done it at yours

• The girl offered her house so i didn't really complain much about it

What Guys Said 7

• Well it was not right of you to not tell you girlfriend. You should have been honest with her and told her that it will take time for you to come back.

I agree with her.

• If you had let her know beforehand it would have eased her mind, since you say you didn't let her know.

Bad move, man. But yeah, definitely talk to her so you two can be on the same page again.

• i will talk to her this week again

• school project, while parents are around, is fine.

Ask here where in the relationship agreement it had a set time limit, or when she previously told you that?

• Her mom was home and we were upstairs. Me and my girlfriend never really had a set time limit on how long we can stay somewhere.

• that is my point. she never told you that, she can't expect you to abide by bullshit if you never talked about it.

• lol. Maybe it was just the time frame and me with a girl at night

• Well, how would you feel if the roles were reversed?

• I would be ok with it in all honesty, i know my girlfriend wouldn't do anything wrong or phishy

• I agree.

• No. Are you seriously thinking on that?

• Do you really want that decision to be gag's choice?