Why am I still single?

I have been single for six years. I am not looking, so why isn't it finding me? I know, so poetic... but it's true. They say when you aren't looking. I haven't looked in a while. I want to meet a good guy. All my exes treated me like total SHIT. Im finally ready to meet a good guy and I want love. I miss being in love.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• In the process of "not looking," are you also isolating yourself? I think "not looking" only works as long as you are still social and putting yourself out there. Preferably more than once a week. It means getting together with friends and going out, keeping contacts around yiy, going to those football parties and cook outs where you can meet new people. But not going and talking to every single guy or talking about your loneliness. You just ho, and talk to people, try to get to know some new people to make more connections, and then if a love happens, great!

What Guys Said 15

• "when you aren't looking".
    Ask yourself, would this mentality work well for let's say... unemployed people?

The only reason why people say "don't look for it" is because everyone hates hearing about how lonely everyone else are.

If you want to find a man, don't be too proud or shy to ask a man in a bar if he'd like to talk, don't be shy to be the one asking men on a date. Let them know you're interested.

• Things can happen but you have to give yourself the opportunity first. Some guy isn't going to just come out of the woodwork.

• Just because you "aren't looking" doesn't mean you shouldn't be going out meeting new people and such. It means don't become obsessed in finding someone, but to simply have fun, connect with people, and whatever happens, happens.

• Better off being single.

• there's gotta be a reason why, what do you think it is.

• Better start looking shit doesn't find itself

• keep trying...

• There needs to be more girls like you in this world.

• Because we're still far and it'll take some time for me to reach you completely.

• Trust me I know how you feel

• Try looking amongst the men you've friendzoned. ... but if they had any self respect, they'd decline.

• Got to look for your self.
    I spent 10 years waiting it just doesn't happen since i've been looking my self i've been in two relationships within a year. Still in my current one.

So don't wait for it to find you. You find it.

• lots of people are single , have you checked how many are online on a dating site rate now , I haven't but I'm sure if you do lots of other young men and women are single , its not that bad you just have to make it more fun

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• First you got work on self development! v

• Well, are you keeping busy and putting yourself into situations where you're likely to meet new people?

• I do keep busy yes but it's focusing on my school and I go for walks and talk to people sometimes

• Its not going to come and find you, you have to go and find it. You have to get up and get out and meet people and interact with people that's the only way. No one is gonna come knocking on your door asking if your single or not. You can't meet someone while living in a box, you have to go out and explore. Put yourself out there and you'll meet someone.

• I think you are doing well waiting for it to come to you.

• Stop being fucking lazy about it and put in the work.

• You ll find someone when the time is right. But if you really really want one then.. you gotta go out and search. :)

• You know that the perfect guy won't just fall from the sky, right? 😂 You actually do have to put in some effort 👫

• All that stuff about love finding you is total Bullshit. I met my ex by approaching him first. And I have met too many men who treated me like shit. It's been over 4 years for me and I'm still single yet I get told I'm attractive all the time.

Men do approach me but they are not my type so I decided to approach men from now on