Should I tell him?

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship, we're seeing eachother soon. But he knows I used to do self harm and lately I've just been super stressed and my family on my case and just everything seems to be wrong at the moment except for him. I'm starting to get the feeling of wanting to cut again and I'm struggling with it, and I don't know if I should tel him? Would you guys want your girlfriend to tell you if she was going through something like that? I don't wanna be needy

Most Helpful Girl

• its not a question of who wants what, whats best, or what right and wrong. You have to consider how bad it is, how often you want to escape, and what you're trying to get away from. In the moment you're in a mental state that considers no right or wrong.. good and bad.. Its all about ignorance. You are obssessing over the bad and choosing to ignore everything else. You have to train your mind not to think that way. (Its like alcohol, an escape. -you basically become numb to the bad. once you cut -yourself you no longer carry the weight in your consciousness. No guilt.. Just a scar on your body) you are objectifying your past emotions so u dont have to face them. my point is all the bad in life will always be there. You can't escape it. you'll only be left with scars scattered over your body, when you could have rid those same emotions in other ways via -expressing yourself, making something, working towards something etc. You just have to look past hurting yourself. You are playing the victim card against yourself. Its a paradox. Dont let your mind distort your choices. cutting yourself only Shrinks your viewpoint ("options") until pain is the only option.. Only feeling you except.. Just Except life. except your mistakes your guilt and right the wrong

• Thank you, I can't express how much this meant to me. It really helped

• Np you dont want to go down that road.. Im around to talk if you ever wanna talk.. vent.. etc. Feel free

What Guys Said 2

• You need to call 911 and tell them you're wanting to hurt yourself. You need to be in counseling. It's nothing to be afraid of. I'm a mental health patient myself

• I would want her to tell me but i can't say the same for others.

What Girls Said 0