Should I take this as a compliment?

I like this guy at work who is 4 years older than me and he's always saying that I look mature for my age. Should I take this as a compliment?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't take it as a compliment, although it may have been intended as one and they are just bad at compliments.

Are you actually 25? Telling a person that is blatantly into adulthood that they look or act mature 'for your age' seems like a pretty pointless statement. Maturity is the intended default status for an adult.

• well I'm 24 at the moment... I guess he meant looks wise, because someone brought up age at work and he said I look 30 so I said omg I look old and then he said no you just look mature. I am pretty filled out I have big hips, butt and boobs so I'm not sure if that was what he meant

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, you can take it as a compliment

• If he says you 'are' mature that's a compliment, if he actually says you 'look' mature then it still is probably is a compliment - in that you look like a confident women in her prime. Personally, not one I'd use to compliment a lady though.

• Yes. He is basically saying that you are within his strike range.

What Girls Said 0