Why did he friend-zone and do guys un-friend zone?

We're both adults who live in different states on the same coast. We met when we were visiting another state. We hit it off right away and exchanged numbers. He texted me right away. Asked to talk on the phone. Said he wished i would have stayed longer in the same state. So we planned to meet in my home state a week later while he was in town. Sadly, I had just entered a relationship right before I met him, so when we hung out it was a bit reserved on my part. He asked about the guy I was dating and if I'd dump him. I said that I knew it was a souring, so most likely yes. After our hang out he went back to his state. Texting dwindled for a few days. Expected, since now he knew i wasn't single? Two days later I broke up with the guy I was dating. I let the new guy/great guy know. Texting resumed for a few weeks! We continued to flirt, be cute in text, get to know each other. But then, when we were both bummed one day, I mentioned that it would be cool to meet for drinks if we were I the same state, he agreed, so I threw it out there that I could do a road trip and visit him during my spring break. He texted back he was not sure he could do anything serious, getting over an ex, and best that he thinks we should just be friends. I was shocked-friends? What? Did I freak him out? Come on too strong by meeting again? I gave him space. Stopped texting. But now we're texting again. Can he un-friend-zone me?

What Guys Said 2

• No it wasn't "too strong". He's just saying he doesn't want to date you.

• Guys do not "undo".

What Girls Said 0