Is it better to date after high school?

My guy best friend and I were arguing if we should date now or in college. He said it would be so much better. We are juniors and I don't want him to go of to another girl by then. Should I trust him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's better to date after high school or after your teenage years because you will be in a better position to deal with your emotions, feelings once you enter into your 20's.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im pretty much in the same position. i dont think he believes or has much faith that i won't. So out of principle I've commited to no relationships/flings/nothing till im out of college. unless its with him. He doesn't know tht but i can't wait.. Just anticipate the day im with him and when he's asks ill be able to say, i was in love the whole time. With him. committed.. And who wants to have sex with some other guy when it only makes you miss him the man you love more.. Plus youd be using another guy to cope for tht. .. not cool. Just hold out for him or date him now. Either way just dont let go of someone u love.

What Guys Said 5

• No time like the present. You could die tomorrow

• it's good to date for the experience, but realize HS is BS lol

• I mean if you don't plan on moving to separate places then it makes no difference. But if you're going to an out-of-state University, college definitely.

• High school relationships don't really count Lol

• Yes.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah id say so.

• That's what I want to do, people say that college guys are not as different than highschool guys but some of the guys at my school can be rude/disrespectful, only care about popularity and are proud f boys. One huge thing is that highschool relationships usually don't last as long.