Was telling my crush that I think he is cute a bad move?

Okay so there is this one guy I like. He just came from Russia and he's in my p. e. class and I have to translate for him. We became friends and we would say hi to each other when we see each other and we would talk to each other sometimes. He smiles a lot and is funny sometimes and he's nice. One of my friends said that she thinks that he's cute, especially when he smiles. I asked her if she wouldn't mind me telling him that she thinks he's cute and she said no. I was waiting for him after p. e. and I told him that one of my friends thinks he's cute and he said something like " why?" and I told him that he is and he said thanks. Was this a bad move? Also, should I tell him that he has gorgeous eyes and a cute smile without making it sound like I like him like that?

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I don't know if it's a bad move because you started out saying it for someone else, so you come off as a messenger for another girl, so he might not know if YOU think he's cute.

That you the said that he is could get completely overlooked. But generally, if a girl tells a guy that he's cute, it's a HUGE thing to a guy.

Socially, men are the ones to take action, to make the move and so on, so when a girl does it, it's pretty out of the ordinary and means a lot to the guy.
    If you think he has gorgeous eyes and a cute smile, you should tell him, but just be aware that it might be interpreted like you like him, even if it was a simple compliment ant not a hint.

• I think he really didn't like being called as cute. Some people dislike being called as cute.

You can compliment him if you want too, but how he will take that I can't say.

What Girls Said 1

• No, that was not a bad move.
    As for you wanting to tell him that he has gorgeous eyes and a cute smile, sure go for it.