Would you be alarmed if you were dating someone who knew how to construct bombs?

They knew how to make one?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend knows how to make explosives. His job requires him to know it lol. It's pretty badass to me haha

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. As a former soldier, I consider such knowledge to be an essential life skill. I can make improvised napalm, too. :-)

• The old petrol and foam blocks?

Ah... brings back childhood memories...

• @Tarvold Soap powder and petrol, in a 205 litre drum, angled and set on top of a Claymore, which can also be improvised.

• Didn't know that one. Nice.

What Girls Said 18

• I mean, I can re-build a ratty engine and a starter block, and I know how to wire and short things to cells, so, I could totally drive 20 miles to my daddy's shop and build one right now... if I wanted to.

but why would I want to, though?

I mean, dude, I'm sure ALL of us know how to do lots and lots of things that could randomly kill people as terrorist acts.
    Like, anyone have a driver's license? Hey, you COULD purposely speed and slam into a van or bus on a bridge, knocking it over the edge and killing 20-30 people. I mean, literally anyone with a driver's license COULD do that.

So, this question is kind of a non-thing.

If I knew that someone was specifically training to make the kinds of bombs that are described in the ISIS Inspire magazine, then, I'd bug their computers/phones/laptops, collect as much info as I could, then sic the LAPD on their asses the day before whatever shit was about to go down.

• Knowing how is okay, I'd just be worried if he started building them.

• No, I'd only be concerned if he put what he'd learned into practice. Knowing how to make a bomb is irrelevant, but actually spending time to make one is a different matter. 😱

• It's not that difficult to find instructions on how to make a bomb. It's all over the internet and if you know chemistry then you pretty much know how to make a bomb.

• Probably.

• I'd be a tad concerned 😂

• well if you re a mechanical engineer or smthng related... it s very likely for you to know how to do them...
    so yea if he was in that field or smthng it s normal, if he does it as a hobby... that is a bit worrying xD

• Umm lol yea.. I'd be a tad bit worried! Why dafuq does he know how to create bombs and what or who for?😓

• Uhm, yea, haha! That's pretty crazy.

Like, I would think my boyfriend was actually a spy!

Hawt

• Ehhhh, doesn't really bother me. It'd be bothersome if he wanted to harm others with those.

• Lol not really

• It would only concern me if he was obsessed about it. It would be a red flag for sure.

• Not really since the internet can teach people how to make different ones. :D

• If they taught themselves just for fun, yeah.
    If I'm dating a guy who build things for a living, or works with similar structures, no

• Yeah I'd have issue with it.

• Uuhhh yes

• That would be impressive

• Hahahaha that's kind of cool but yeah it's alarming wtf do you want to know that for?

What Guys Said 12

• Nope.
    I know how to as well, I worked at a pool store. I learned that putting conditioner tabs in your chlorinator literally makes it explode.
    How did I find this out,
    Well A man walked in, asked if he could do that, the manager and district manager who happened to be in that day said, "We advise against it as your chlorinator will literally explode.", he buys the tabs, does it anyway, the chlorinator explodes and I do mean literally, sending bits flying ten feet away.
    Then comes in to complain.
    I openly told my boss that my reaction to a store fire would be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
    Because Fire reacts to some of those chemicals... Violently not just to fire but to other chemicals.
    Basically, half the chemicals in a pool store will explode if you do the wrong thing.

• No, we'd have something in common. :D The thing is to use your talent for something great, not something sinister. An understanding of chemistry can take you here...
    cdn.funcheap.com/.../fireworks21.jpg

or here...

truthandshadows.files.wordpress.com/.../...ing.jpg

It's all about your motivation. If you're a glass half full kind of person, then you light up the sky.

• I wouldn't care if they knew how to do it. But if they make them and use them, while emotionally unstable that would give me cause for concern.

• I'd report her to CSIS (Canadian CIA) since if she's a Middle Eastern girl whom I find very attractive I would be very concerned of potential terrorist attacks.

• I don't think I would want to date someone who couldn't figure out how to build a bomb if they really wanted to.

It's basic high school chemistry, and instructions are all over the internet if you look hard enough.

• If they took the time to learn how to make a bomb, I'd run like hell for the hills. I'm not about have my house and car blown up if I make them salty

• depends on their job...

• I'd only be alarmed if they use their bomb making skills to kill people or destroy peoples property.

• If you come from a country with a decent education system everybody should have a basic understanding of how to make bombs

• I know how to build it, is that bad?

• Ummmm yeaaaaaaah gonna call the feds

• I don't see anything bad there...