7 dates and no kiss? Is he taking things slow or am I friendzoned?

I have been on 7 dates with a great guy. (I'm 25, he's 27). He's the perfect gentleman, where he opens all doors for me, picks me up, pays for everything, etc. And our dates have all been different- we went to bars, out to dinner, shooting range, movies. He even invited me to meet his two sisters. And he talks about the future, like oh next time we'll go here or there. But he hasn't kissed me yet. I kinda brought it up where I said that I like that he's taking things slow, but at the same time he can speed it up just a tad bit. I like made it clear that I want a kiss, but still nothing. I tried to hug him and I think he thought I was gonna go for a kiss, so he kinda stopped me, and well he gave me a quick kiss on the lips and then left. I was hoping for something more. It feels like he just did it because I did that. This was on the 5th date, and that was it. It's back to just goodbye hugs. He told our mutual friend that he hasn't kissed me because he thinks I'm holding back. I guess he doesn't want to scare me away? Idk! And yeah, I guess with my past failed relationships, I am, but I am starting to get comfortable with him, and opening up more to him. I don't understand why he is inviting me to meet his friends and family, yet he won't kiss me. I'm starting to think I'm friendzoned or should I just stay patient and wait for that makeout session to come? (Lol) No guy has ever taken this long to kiss me before, so this is new to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• why would a guy date a person he friendzoned? it's possible he's being super cautious cause he really likes you. or maybe he's just planning that perfect moment for a first kiss because he likes to create the best memories? I don't know just spitballin here.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean he keeps asking you on dates! So he must like you!

What Guys Said 9

• Maybe he's just Old School, like me.

I certainly don't want to Jinx this for you, but he may be feeling you out for "longer term potential". From what you write, he is a Perfect Gentleman. Let him be a little more, what's the harm?

I love to see this kind of thing, because its what COURTING was supposed to be? Ask your older female relatives, they'll explain.

• Guys don't usually do all of those things if they aren't interested. So I'd more or less rule out friendzoning here.

But, man, is this guy slow or what? :P

• Maybe he's shy, or is just waiting for what he thinks is the perfect moment. You can bring it up again, and ask for a definitive answer, but I wouldn't make a move until you're sure of something.

• A good relationship is based on love and communication. Try to be a little more touchy Feely with him if he seems OK with it then ask him about it.

• Let him do his thing. Sounds like you like him. And he seems to wanna take it slow and give you your space. Or if you really want. You kiss him. Grab him kiss him. If he's paying for your date. Your not friend zoned. Unless his rich. Haha

• He's gay

• He shy kiss him you silly goose! 😊

• You need to step it up with your hints. Try this. Next date when he comes to pick you up, you let him in to your apartment/house but tell him you are not quite ready. After 1-2 minutes, you ask him for help zipping up your dress in the back. It sends a signal about your comfort with him, but it is not over the top. Or, suggest a date where a bikini will be appropriate to wear.

• Sounds like he's super cautious.

I very much assume he doesn't like to get a stupid sexual assault charge.

What Girls Said 5

• because he is a gentleman of course he won't initiate it he would only do it with your concent or when he thinks your ready (which could be awhile), so initiate the kiss yourself, just lean in and smile, then slowly move your arms and grab his head then smooch. done.

• You guys have a mutual friend? Does she have any knowledge of his past relationships?

• that's odd to me. Most guys wouldn't want to wait 7 dates just to kiss a girl they like. Either he's really inexperienced or doesn't like you all that much. But why would he go on so many dates if he didn't like you? I don't know seems like a red flag to me.

• Lol I think u should just wait for him to be ready or just spank that ass once you become impatient, I like it slow but kissing is required for me.

• or just afraid you would think he's a perv or something like that, a lot of guy fear to be reject