Guy friend hasn't told me about a new girl?

I have really strong feelings for a guy friend of 9 years. We've been in the same city now for a year after 7 years apart, and it's been great. However, I'm too afraid to make a move, and he has hinted that he just can't have a girlfriend right now because he is working hard to keep his startup alive and is super busy because of it. We've come close to sleeping together a few times in the past while visiting - but he really didn't seem interested in a relationship and since we were living far apart we just didn't talk about it. Now that we're in the same city we do coupley things together like dinner+movie, yoga, working out, going to the spa, sightseeing, etc.

However, I was really hurt to see that he met this girl in Thailand 2 months ago (an American) and seemed to really like her. I only know this from social media though, haha. I figured it was a fling because from what I can see she is way younger (just out of college, traveling the world on her parents' dime), and they are far apart anyway. But then 2 weeks later i see he has invited her on his family's cruise. Since his sister brought her fiance and his parents had each other maybe that made him want to invite someone, but it hurt. Then I see, again from the internet, that they booked a trip to Europe together next week. In all this time she is flying back and forth to Asia, as trust fund babies can do.

I've seen my guy friend all the times he's been home in between and he hasn't mentioned her at all. He also said that after Europe he is done traveling for the year, save for a biking trip. He's still listed as single online, posts nothing about her on social media while she seems super into him and posting up a storm. Yesterday we were talking and he was mentioning going out clubbing and such and no girl/friend was brought into the convo. I was hoping to make a move or talk to him soon, but this girl just came out of nowhere. Why wouldn't he mention her to me? Does it sound like just a fling? help!

What Guys Said 1

• to be honest i dont think he sees you as anything more than just a friend. if it was more i think he might have tried to express his feelings before now.

What Girls Said 1

• He's probably no longer interested in her.