Would you be interested in a guy who has a lower education or job status than you?

In addition: What are your educational or occupational goals?

Most Helpful Girl

• if he is intelligent (and educated=/=intelligent) and i'm attracted to him, then yes.

for example, my boyfriend dropped out of school in grade 10, due to bullying. but he eventually got his g. e. d. and went to college for i. t. he's very intelligent, perhaps more so than anyone else i've dated, including those who are university-educated.

me? i was an honours student all through elementary and high school, and i graduated with 12K in scholarships. i wanted to major in literature, but my (well-meaning) parents told me that writing was just a hobby and to study something that would pay the bills. naturally, i was miserable, and i eventually dropped out.

as an adult, i see that my love of words and books was the logical choice all along and that i shouldn't have let anyone else make that choice for me. i've applied to a smaller university for September; i've chosen my own major this time, and i'm actually excited to go back.

( yes, i will be 30 in a class full of teenagers, but at least i know i'm more prepared and better equipped to deal with the responsibility than i was at 18.)

the dream is to write full-time. but, if i can't be a writer, i'll be an editor.

Most Helpful Guy

• they are going to have to or turn lez

• Ok troll that made no sense at all

• @ikissedtheskyonce you made your own argument and ignored mine. that must mean you can't read.

• @ikissedtheskyonce also there is no argument this is me telling you how the world works.

What Girls Said 13

• Define "lower job status"

Are we talking unemployed? Are we talking fully capable of working a full time job, but content working 15 hrs a week at kmart and living with his mom?

Or are we talking that we both have stable long term employment to the best of our relative abilities? Do our combined income equal a modest but comfortable lifestyle (To me it would be not living in the hood, paying basic bills comfortably and the occasional date night) if things worked out long term?

Education level is irrelevant. I'm flexible on income, but I do appreciate stability and knowing we could be self sufficient if we became a long term couple.

• Reply to update: I have a high school degree and some college but no degree. Not particularly keen to go back either but have considered it.

I have a full time, 40 hr a week job. With child support I make enough to support myself and my daughter. I work from home and like my job because I'm very family oriented. I like being home with my kid. No advancement opportunity.

The bare minimum I expect financially is that he is financially able to support himself, regardless of job title, etc. If we all go into it supporting our own households, if we combine into 1 household we will for sure be able to make it financially (only 1 rent payment, 1 house to support utilities for whereas we each were paying separate on our own)

• Yes. I dated my ex who was unemployed and then just couldn't keep a job. I paid for dates and bought him gifts, he never bought me a single thing. I'm not complaining, the reason why we broke up was because he was a serial cheater.

I can date a man who doesn't give me money. I can't date a man who doesn't give me love though.

• Yep. I am now. I'm much more educated, but he has a valuable skill that he's very good at.

I have a bachelor's and a master's degree. He never went to college.

He makes more money than I do.

• Nope!

• Can't set any standards when i'am not perfect myself.

• I would not, I'd need someone who'd be able to challenge me mentally

• Yep, I don't care about these things very much

• No. But not for shallow reasons. Mainly because I want us to share similarities and be able to relate to each other, and I find that hard to do with the lower SES guys I've met. I love talking about things I've learned in my college career with one of my good guy friends who also pursued a similar degree. It's just nice to have the common ground especially because I'm very into having those kinds of discussions. Financial wise, I think it would create a power complex between the two and one might feel less even if the other partner isn't conveying any sentiments of patronization. So that might cause some underlying tension.

• Yes as long as he really enjoyed and was passionate about what he did.

• I would. However, it's not that easy to impress me in general. I don't give a shit about job status, it's not among the things I consider important.

• Sure. Just not a guy who's chronically unemployed, or has no plans beyond continuing to work at a minimum wage job.

My education/occupation goals - I have a bachelor of science degree, and I work for a company in the industry. I'm looking to get a doctorate degree in science too, but I'm not sure of the exact area yet. Or I might just get a Masters. The plus side is my company would pay for it, but the negative is I think there's a ceiling you hit if you don't have a PhD in this industry so that's something to consider.

• No not at all

• I'm unemployed with no car.

• Yeah if he's a nice guy, why not? :)

What Guys Said 4

• i wanna see some responses ladies

• Yes. I will rape his ass daily.

• LMFAO these women saying it doesn't matter of course t matters

• all girls are lying.