When a girl asks " this isn't a date right" how do I interpret it?

I aske this girlfriend my classes that I really like to hang out with me over break. She said yes but then later asked "This isn't a date right?". I responded with "I just want to hang out" because I didn't feel the need put the pressure of a DATE on her, and I really just wanted to spend time with her. We went and got coffee then Talked for five hours of great conversation. It was a lot of fun but now I am suddenly very confused. Was her asking "this isn't a date right?" A rejection or a hint that she doesn't like me that way? I definetly like this girl as more than a friend. Should I take "this isn't a date right?" As a rejection and move on or should I ask her out again but as a date this time? She seems to really like me, but at the same time I can't shake the feeling that the date question was her telling me she doesn't like me that way. I'm very confused and would like your input.

Updates:
It's a girl that I like who is in some of my classes, the part where is says girlfriend is a typo, she is not my girlfriend

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she was trying to reject you 😕

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite possibly, though there's some chance she was just trying to be clear.

You screwed up by saying no.

Ask her out on a date, and tell her up front 'this one's a date'. If she says no, she says no.

If she asks why the last one wasn't and this one was, say you wanted to get to know her more first.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Ask her out on something that is very clearly a date and see what she says.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• It means that she only wants to be your friend and you are in her friendzone.

0|0
    0|0
  • man i'd be like, "no it's not. wait, what was your name again?"

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorry, man... That's not a good sign. :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like she might like you as a friend but not into girls that way.

0|0
    0|0