When a girl asks " this isn't a date right" how do I interpret it?

I aske this girlfriend my classes that I really like to hang out with me over break. She said yes but then later asked "This isn't a date right?". I responded with "I just want to hang out" because I didn't feel the need put the pressure of a DATE on her, and I really just wanted to spend time with her. We went and got coffee then Talked for five hours of great conversation. It was a lot of fun but now I am suddenly very confused. Was her asking "this isn't a date right?" A rejection or a hint that she doesn't like me that way? I definetly like this girl as more than a friend. Should I take "this isn't a date right?" As a rejection and move on or should I ask her out again but as a date this time? She seems to really like me, but at the same time I can't shake the feeling that the date question was her telling me she doesn't like me that way. I'm very confused and would like your input.

It's a girl that I like who is in some of my classes, the part where is says girlfriend is a typo, she is not my girlfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she was trying to reject you 😕

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite possibly, though there's some chance she was just trying to be clear.

You screwed up by saying no.

Ask her out on a date, and tell her up front 'this one's a date'. If she says no, she says no.

If she asks why the last one wasn't and this one was, say you wanted to get to know her more first.

What Girls Said 1

• Ask her out on something that is very clearly a date and see what she says.

What Guys Said 4

• It means that she only wants to be your friend and you are in her friendzone.

• man i'd be like, "no it's not. wait, what was your name again?"

• Sorry, man... That's not a good sign. :(

• Sounds like she might like you as a friend but not into girls that way.