What should I do if the people my boyfriend introduces me to don't like me?

My boyfriend has many friends, family members, and coworkers that he's close to and I'm the opposite because I don't have many. Everyone seems to like him and he gets along with everyone. He tried to introduce me to a lot of them and even though i tried to meet them for him anyways, i feel like they don't like me. His parents get kind of keep our conversation short by just greeting not more than that. His coworkers stare me down. The thing that made me the saddest was today, when he went to NYC and he was staying far away from me; we were skyping and his cousin told him to turn it off and stop talking to me and he did just that. I feel so badly about myself. It not that I'm necessarily bad looking because I get complimented on my looks, but I'm socially awkward with them and I feel like they're judgmental and they don't accept me.

I just want to be accepted, what should i do?

she said it really rudely to, like why are you talking to her and not me. i never heard anyone say this to me before

Most Helpful Guy

• In my view you should not even be concerned about what others think of you, long as you are you and your boyfriend has chosen you as the one he wants to be with and you are both happy... nothing else should really mater.. I do not care how others view me, everyone is entitled to their opinion on anything.. the only ones I care about weather they like me or not are my dates that every now and then I go out on.. and all my dates like to be with me and have excepted everything about me

Most Helpful Girl

• just tell him that you feel weird and you dont think they like you
    or JUST TELL HIM THE TRUTH

What Guys Said 2

• People have broken up over less.

I recommend you make small talk. Ask them about themselves. Take an interest.

• I didn't read your block of text but based in your initial question: not everyone is gonna like you.

hopefully he defends you though and chooses your side if it becomes a n issue

What Girls Said 1

• You should look into things like debate, anything along the lines of public speaking really. It will put you in a really great environment with some extremely itelligent people who engage in intellectual conversations on a variety of topics, plus you have the public speaking element. Just by being in the world of academia you'll learn interesting things and end up talking to all kinds of people. Even if you hate public speaking and just like going and watching thats cool too. There are a lot of naturally introverted people but my point is, .. you are bound to talk to people, become more comfortable, and come accross naturally and even easily.