Would you rather suffer physical or emotional pain?

• physical
  • emotional

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends what kind of physical pain but if you took the worst physical pain and the worst emotional pain physical pain would be worse.

Most Helpful Girl

• Physical pain is easier to treat (morphine/oxy, for example). When someone you love dies or betrays you, nothing can fix it. You can go to an emergency room and get a cast that will bring someone back to you. But they can sure remedy your physical pain.

What Guys Said 12

• depends on what the physical pain was, and what the emotional pain was.

• Yes it depends on what each was. But, in the words of Daffy Duck, "I can't stand pain... it hurts me" lol

• Emotional tends to almost always heal up, given time. Physical pain almost never heals up prior to whatever caused it, and it only gets worse with time.

• Physical, as I've had enough emotional trauma and pain to last me a life time.

• emotional. just because emotional ones, you can learn from it and become stronger.

physical, there's nothing much to learn, unless you have your eye nerves cut off, so painful that you won't feel any pain ever, not even when someone stabs you

• Emotional, EASY. U have never broken a leg if you say physical

• Emotional can mean someone dying, so I'll take another busted leg over that.

• physical.

• Emotional. I've experienced enough physical pain

• i have suffered both already and been made stronger so come at me bro ! :D

• If there is someone who truly needs me, then I will be happily be beaten everyday :)

• Definitely physical. Deeeeefffifnitely

What Girls Said 19

• no i take my vote back. id rather suffer emotional pain. strange as it seems, but i'm able to handle it incredibly well.

• Physical. I've gone through enough emotional pain and I can say that it's definitely worse. Physical wounds heal fast. Emotional ones take a much longer time to recover from, and that's IF you ever do recover from them.

• They both go hand in hand. You suffer from physical pain and the emotional response whether obvious or left more internal is just as bad. You suffer from emotional pain and you begin to hate yourself enough which leads to physical pain. Its all bad. No better or worse.

• Physical because it's more obvious

• Physical!

• I rather deal with physical since I'm used to the pain 24/7.

I do not handle emotional pain well at all.

• physical any time , a car hit me, I healed, i'm alive.
    but my grandma died before I could meet her and it still bugs me today.

• Physical pain you feel it and then it pass, but emotional pain can destroy you forever. Physical pain is temporary, emotional can not be.

• There is research that shows that emotional pain activates similar parts of the brain that light up when you experience physical pain. That being said, I would choose physical pain (I am assuming it's pain that will heal or recover from) over emotional because I could know the extent of the damage. Emotional damage can cause long-term damage to mental health without you knowing how bad it is until it's too late.

• Physical. I can deal with that... no problem. I'm used to it. Sometimes it can even feel good, in a way.

I can't deal with emotional pain, tho. I literally can't. My brain simply doesn't know how to.

• Most of men in my country work several years in military. All of my friends are discharged now. Friends who were in front lines or worked as a marine says they could endure their pain well. However friends who worked as administrative clerks always say military life was terrible.

• physical, emotional is worse for me

• Physical pain heals, emotional pain doesn't.

• Emotional

• I've been through physical pain - so emotional is fine by me.

• Physical, hands down

• Emotional gets so bad I don't eat for days and have to drive to talk or work or anything. I can't stay awake, can't focus, and can barely drive but at the same time just want to stop living. Lasts for weeks and feel like crap. My past month all I've wanted was someone to give me a good punch in the face so I could forget my sorrow for a minute. 😢 never happened though. Worst part is I just woke up this way so there's literally no reason!

• *no drive

• Physical.

• it depends. not all physical ailments are the same and not all emotional pains are the same

• I deal with emotional pain every day of my life.