Are gut feelings usually right, wrong, or do they just impact reasoning?

Okay, so I've gone on a couple dates with this guy. My gut feeling is always "oh shit, this is it. He's it." My brain on the other hand is "slow down, you don't really know him. Stop jumping to conclusions." Now I know my brain is right, but how right can gut feelings be?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your brain is in your head, you can't think with anything but that.
    If you do, you'll just end up being wrong a bunch of times where you could have prevented this unnecessary shortcoming.

Gut feelings are really just what your instincts tell you to do, which in many cases are illogical and impractical, but despite that, I'd still advise you listen to your gut.

Although they impact reasoning, the gut feelings still tell you who you like and doesn't give a fuck about the why. The gut feelings are who you are at the deepest instinctual level, so even though you will end up making some mistakes, getting with the wrong person and embarrasing yourself, you should try to listen to your gut.

Only by being wrong, can you learn how to be right or how to get it right. You don't learn anything from benig right all the time, and... I only use my brain, I ignore my gut and where has that path led me? I'm a fucking bore.

Use your gut, be wrong, learn from that, and don't let yourself block you from experiences that might make you grow as a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• In this case, your gut feeling is wrong. You see him as this perfect guy because you haven't seen his negative side yet. And everyone has a negative side, no exceptions. The thing that makes some people compatible is whether they can handle each other's negative side. Allow yourself to have fun with him and enjoy your time with him, but don't sacrifice too much of your free time to be with him.

What Guys Said 5

• Life is balance, always take into account of both parts of the brain, ying and yang as you will.

Yes, you're falling hard for him in which your rational side is saying "wait.. relax.. let the dust settle and we'll figure this out later."

• Gut feelings shouldn't be ignored but don't ignore your brain either. Gut feelings can be spot on or really wrong. So use a bit of both. Some people go only on their gut feelings and sometimes it works out, and sometimes it goes horribly bad. Depends on the person and situation.

• Your guts are your brain. Your subconscious, all your knowledge, can only communicate with you through feelings like the ones in your guts. We've only got a conscious mind through vanity and self consciousness and self-image forcing us to reflect upon ourselves. The true state of calm and control is being controlled by our subconscious and instinct. No reflection. That's what monks are supposed to do. Your brain never misses anything

• At your age gut feelings are terrible as an indicator of reality. You don't have the experience needed to have accurate gut level

• None of the above.

What Girls Said 2

• My gut has never failed me yet. The time I do make wrong decisions and wrong choices is when I talk myself into going against my intuition. My intuition is like my inner GPS , it guides to the right decision. People can lie and deceive you , but your intuition will "tell" you who to trust

I am highly perceptive too , so i think your perception and intuition work hand - in- hand. Everyone has different levels of perception. So it is important to use both in your life

• My gut feelings are usually always right but I've never had a 'he's the one' gut moment. I just usually have a 'I should break up with him' gut feeling lol. But yes gut feelings are nearly always correct.