Guys, is he interested in me or not? Help?

So there's a coffee shop I've been going to for the past month now and I come across the same barista guy. At the beginning of this Feb I started to study there on Fridays and would sometimes catch him looking. I've been there like a total of 4 times to study there and I stay for several hours. Once when I was about to walk out I asked him what time they open and close. I asked this while I was walking and he started walking with me but he was behind the counter if that makes sense. I came with my friend late Saturday night and he was there. While I was waiting for my drink he kept looking up every now and then to look at me. When I went up to grab my drink he smiled super bigg, waved, and said "Hiiiii!!!" I got shy and just said thank you. My friend said "Omg he totally wanted to talk to you!" When I came back a week later he was looking at me a lot. I told him I was sorry for not speaking to him and he made a funny sound with a hand motion that basically said "Why didn't you talk?' I said I was really shy. Then he introduced himself and asked what my name was and shook my hand. We asked each other questions and I told him about this big grad school exam Im taking soon and he said "Oh so you're too busy to hang out with friends?" But I said "It depends on the day but I can always make time." We talked for 15 mins and I told him that he can always come by my table and talk to me even if Im studying and he said he will. A week later when i walked in his face light up, his eyes scrunched up, and he smiled big and said hi to me and I said hey back. He was talking to a guy and so I didn't get a chance to have a convo. I caught him staring and smiling once. It was busy again when I was leaving so we only talked for like 5 mins. When i told him Im on break next week he asked if I would come here during break and I said yes. He smiled and nodded his head. Then he indirectly said that he likes it when I come every week...

A week later before I left I told him that I wanted to say hi when I came in but couldnt bc he was busy. Apparently he noticed when I came in. I said that he should come to my table and talk whenever he sees me. He said that he would love to come sit and join me and hang out with me. Then he paused and kept looking at me and smiled. Last week when I walked up to the register he smiled really big and said "Heyyyyyyyy!!
Before I left i asked him if last week he meant hanging out outside of the coffee shop. He said that since he's always there he usually means hang out there. I told him that if he wants to hang out after I take my grad school entrance exam (next week) to let me know. He said okay and nodded his head. Today he gave me a free drink and said thank you for enlightening us with your presence.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, he totally likes you. You have to remember though, this is his place of employment and he has a job to do and customers to deal with. So there will be times when it seems he isn't interested in you, but he is just doing his job. Also he knows you are busy studying and he doesn't want to disturb you all the time. How about you get his number and call him some time, or meet up somewhere else together.

Most Helpful Girl

• He works in hospitality, they are told to be friendly and get to know customers. It's common for most people who work in coffeehouses or restaurants to be outgoing and super nice to make customers feel like they are valued and special so they keep coming back and spending money.

What Guys Said 9

• He irredeemably likes you.

staring, wanting to chat outside of "what'd you like to order?", giving you a free drink, his face lighting up when he sees you.

It should be pretty obvious tha the's into you.

• He seems to be making an effort to talk to you, which means he is interested. Since you guys were able to hold nice conversations with each other, I think he will be a great friend/bf or whatever it is you want with him.

• Seems like he's interested. I personally don't really pay much attention to my facebook, though. Pretty sure I have super old requests that I never got around to. I just don't use it that much, though.

• yes, I would say that he is interested... you have to accept that simply based on your appearance men are attracted to... now go get that free mocha cappuccino... lol

• Lol why he doesn't ask u for your phone number? Or just ask his lol

• I think he does, you should let him know your interested also. Just drop hints, and he might catch on and ask you out. He seems like a nice guy so you can probably just ask him if he likes you. Good luck though.

• It can be taken as serious thing but I don't think so this proves your point.

• didn't read all the details but keep in mind an employee of a business is paid to be nice to customers , often people say hi or ask how my day was when I'm buying things at such places , its common practice for them to be extra nice to customers.
    that being said you seemed to talk to him a few times and he went out of his way to do so , maybe there might be something more but I'd keep it in mind he is an employee of the place being paid to be nice to paying customers

• this is so cute you two did it SO right im happy someone knows how to just be themselves

What Girls Said 19

• I am shy too, but you are at least just telling him what you want and he is totally game for it. He is definitely very interested. I can see him not jumping in and asking you out as soon as you told him to, first because you told him to, so he isn't going to be like, okay, wanna go out? And he might not want to seem TOO eager. So, give it even two more times of running into him before he might ask you out. And if he doesn't then, then I would just ask him when he is taking you out.

• He's interested!!! The only way to know for sure of he LIKES you is if you ask. Do you have his number? Cause you can always ask by text message. Would you be willing to date him?

• Omg, he totally likes you.

"A week later when i walked in his face light up, his eyes scrunched up, and he smiled big and said hi to me"

If you really would like for more to happen, you guys should meet up or get a drink together.

Soemtime in break as you are busy now and have to put studies first.

• @Joc4position keep it alive 8)

OMG HE TOTALLY LIKES YOU! no doubts about it, I totally agree with your friend. Keep talking to him and ask him out, why the hell not?

• It sounds to me like he is interested.

• Isn't it obvious? Yeah, he's interested. If not, then it's maybe some marketing trick to keep you coming back but I doubt it.

• Omg he totally likes you lmao. Okay so obviously I'm a girl and you probably want a guy to answer you since guys know when other guys like girls but from experience I can so tell he likes you. I doubt he's just trying to be friendly. You should ask to hang out or get a drink something like that. Maybe it will move to something more serious if that's what you want? But congrats girl it looks like he's interested in you. 😁😁😂

• Of. He does.

• He's totally interested in you! If he's that excited about seeing you when you come to the coffee shop or even remotely curious about if your still going to come during break then he has a thing for you. Honestly, I would ask him because you will never know until then.

• If he acts this way only towards you, I'd say he likes you. But if he acts this way to other visitors, I'd say he's just a flirty barista man 😜😜

• haha girl, he is definantely interested. He sounds like a shy guy, you should make the inatiative and ask him out on a date if you're into him aswell!

• I'd say he really likes you. He smiles, says hi to you remembers you and tried to play it cool when he told you to hang out there those are really good signs. If he doesn't wanna hang out somewhere else but the shop I'd question it a bit because hanging out there would just be business in my opinion. Good luck!

• Yes he seems really interested in you. I think u should ask him if he likes u or just make the first move and kiss him

• Yeah he is really likes you :D

• He sounds interested in you.

• He might be attracted to you. Or he simply may be a talkative person. It's hard to tell.

• Could be. Did you ask him?

• Honestly maybe but he could just be friendly.

• I'd say he likes you, at least in a physical way.