He cancel's our date last min because his aubty died should I believe him, what should I even say to that?

Me and this guy we met to meet up today he said he'd pick me up after work. Soo I messed him around 2:30 asking if we are still meeting he didn't answer I called him around 3olock still n onset I waited around at worm for about 20mins he then messages me saying he's in hospital his aunt died.

Now to back track a bit me and him were ment to meet last week Sunday but he never confirmed when I bumped into him he was very apologetic and he even called me after work that day to say sorry again and asked me to tell him when I am next free so I did. He was near my work ace twice this week I bumped into to him and confirmed the date both times he messaged Thursday night it was a very blunt conversation he don't really talk to me much on the phone anyways.

But he said both times definite we are meeting up its a date. However I strongly feel that what he told me isn't true I feel that he would have made more effort to let me know that his aubty passed away and I wouldn't waist my time getting ready at work and feeling like an idiot.

Thoughts and suggestions on this?

What Guys Said 2

• I have yet to believe an "XYZ has died* excuse for anything and so far I've been proved right, exactly 100% of the time.

Just tell him you're going to give him space and move on, whether it was true or not doesn't matter then.

• Hey look it could be possible... dont try to jump to conclusions...
    it may or may not be true

What Girls Said 1

• Well on one hand I advocate trusting your gut. It's usually right. BUT if his aunt died say today? Perhaps suddenly? He could be telling the truth.