Why does it matter what a guy drives?

I made this question out of curiosity. A female GAG member on here started bashing on some guy she met on POF all because he drives a small car (Merc. Benz Smart Car)

Here is the link to that post: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/girls-behavior/q1951002-would-you-go-on-a-date-with-a-guy-who-drives-a-smart

Now that aside, why would it matter to you what your significant other, partner, boyfriend/girlfriend or a date drives?

Here is an example car that you can bash on like the female GAG member mentioned before.
Why does it matter what a guy drives?PS. You can mention Safety but keep in mind the above car has same Safety rating as Honda Civic. Plus it earned high ratings in Microcar territory in US as per IIHS testing.

Most Helpful Girl

• If a man can't drive a manual transmission, then he needs to gtfo.

Yes, I am completely serious.

• LOL. Well I got pedal shifters lol. Hate me for it but manual can go f itself :) it's fun and dandy on sport bikes but cars are fine with auto or twin clutch.

• Tx for the MHLuv
      <3

• Lol no problem, now gonna go back to spooning Nutela :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because car=penis that's why! Why u no get this? House=penis car=penis money=penis everything=penis. Because penis most important thing. Even people with no penis no penis is most important thing. So good car=good penis. Penis size no matter though only quality penis. Not size of boat motion of ocean. And me Poseidon you can tell by me car. *Grunt* *grunt* *scartch* *burp*

• 🙌Satire👏👏🎉

• LOL. Is that pic from LoL, unless its some other MOBA

• I have no clue where my pics are posted I just googled myself and found this pic from summer '13 figured it showed off my awesome cuts and laid back personality. But it's possible that's where it's from. I've been told I'm pretty popular but I'm too humble of a dude to worry about stuff like that.

What Girls Said 36

• Why does it matter? Well to some it won't. To others it will. To some the fuel efficiency car will be a turn off if the woman perceived it as feminine, to others they will value the the man being smart with his money.

It's not much different than any other characteristic, quality, trait etc. That women judge men on (or men judge women on).

Some people will see it as shallow, but how many of the same women will judge on height? As an example. We can all sit here all we want and call each other shallow, but in fact pretty much everyone has SOME sort of shallow preference. In general the shallow desires can be overcome by a great personality, or more desirable (subjective) traits. But for the most part they are there, and we can't help or first impressions of people. We can deny them and try to talk ourselves out of them.

Also to be considered though is the askers age. She is 18-24, so pretty young. Especially if she is on the lower end of the age bracket.

• I don't give two shits about what anyone drives. What matters more to me is if the inside of the car is mostly clean or if it's filled with trash and other things. My boyfriend used to drive this car that was really old and the air conditioner didn't work. It was the worst, especially in the summer. But it didn't make me think any less of him.

• I don't like pickups or other unnecessarily large vehicles tbh. But I wouldn't miss a chance with a great guy because of that.

It doesn't matter to some women, while it does to others.

I really wouldn't care if he didn't even have a car. I have my crappy car of my own. And even if I didn't, we can bus it lol

That girl was just shallow in that question.

• Wise. The girl did not consider the fact the guy may upgrade down the road, I plan to upgrade my car in next 2 years or so, and I already have my eye two candidates Ford Fusion and its luxury version, the Lincoln MKZ. American cars, more or less affordable/reasonable on maintenance/repair costs and reasonable insurance vs luxury import car.

• Tesla is planning to release a car in the $35,000-ish range sometime this year, I believe.

• @redeyemindtricks Model 3, sadly it will cost $45,545.50 + 13% TAX here, Canada is expensive lol.

• That girl is incredibly shallow. You can tell not only from her question but from her comments to people on there as well. I don't think her opinion should be taken seriously.

That being said, I don't even care if he drives. For years, I was interested in a guy who just biked everywhere. I never got to date him because he wasn't interested in me, but if he'd have given me a chance I'd have been ecstatic.

For me, I am someone with social anxiety, so it takes a lot for me to like a guy. If I do like a guy it's because we connect well. It's someone I can have a conversation with. If I can actually have a conversation with someone, that means a lot more to me than what car they drive, how much money they have, or where they live.

Right now I really like this guy who just had to move back in with his parents because he's in debt. However, I have no anxiety talking to him. We joke around with each other all the time. I've been able to tell him things that I don't tell many people. He understands that I have anxiety and he doesn't care. I don't know if he likes me back, but we do get along.

• Honestly I have no idea... I really don't give a shit what a guy drives...

• Fair enough. Not all women are into cars, some just happy to have a decent guy at their side.

• i dont give a shit about what u drive. i dont even care if you DONT have a car. i care more about u having a job.

• Well someone who has a car, is usually a good indicator that they're working lol. But then again my EX took public transport and she was still working :D

• Oh my EX did not want a car, she had a licence and took her parents car out for work (rarely) she was more "I wanna live in downtown Toronto and take bus, subway and streetcar around" type of a person. Partial reason why we broke up, I cared about her, but felt the entire relationship was one way as I was always footing the bill for absolutely everything and since my ex was a foodie, we went to bars/pubs a lot (she did not like cooking, believed women should not cook) and then there was a fact she never wanted to come visit me, it was always me. That was the nail in the coffin, you know people in relationship should visit each other not just have one person come over all the time.

• oh makes sense then. yeah that isn't fair on you. exactly it is a 2 way street, but u were clearly making all the effort.

• I wouldn't know. I know nothing about cars. I don't care about cars. I don't have a driver's license. I see nothing wrong with using public transport or taxis. I walk to most places and take the tram or bus when I have to. I don't expect anyone to drive, that's their business not mine. It also doesn't determine my attraction for someone, or whether I'd date them.

• I don't care about anybody else's car choices but if it's a tiny car and you'd ask me to get in I probably wouldn't.

I just hate small cars in general and I have long legs so that is only reasonable.

But I don't judge people for what they drive, just for the way they drive if they have shitty driving skills and most people do.

• Lol. Don't underestimate Smart it's more then meets the eye :)

• Oh well then, but what if you wanna go on a road trip with your friends and you're more than 2? 😅

• Lol. Believe it or not I rather be in car just with GF/SO, so for me a road trip is possible lol, other people would have to get there own ride :)

• I don't like it when broke guys drive luxury vehicles to show off.

• Eh, some people don't mind being head deep in debt just to get attention of females.

• If we are talking about just dating no i dont really care. But we talking about a family that includes kids and their things to carry, then that would be necessary.
    Driving makes our life easier sometimes. I sincerely support public transportation though if it is available.

• LMAO. Smart is a 2 seater, so no room for kids. But no doubt any guy would consider getting a car for the family. Public transport is nice and cheap, but it's rather dirty and easy way to spread illnesses.

• No I talked generally. I did not mean that car.

• No no. I understood where you were coming from.

• It shouldn't matter

• That car can't be dirty

• Nope. But it looks stunning as hell when clean :D, I make sure this little beast gets Luxury wash after it's dirtied out :P

• She must've been a material twat, personally as long as this guy has a car and can drive me safely home and places. Then I'm satisfied with the car... Some girls are materialistic when it comes to car, they want their guy to drive the most sexiest and expensive car like a Porsche, granted that car is expensive and luxurious but it's only a car.

• Ultimate question. Was he really a mechanic? Come on if you're a mechanic yet your car keeps taking a dump there is something to be said about that.

• Man are from Mars and Woman are from Venus lol 👽

• I think that's untrue lol.

• I wouldn't care what he drives. As long as he has a car it's cool.

• Fair enough. A car is designated to get you from point A to B, much more convenient then public transport (wait wise) and much cleaner then public transport.

• I think the smart cars look a bit silly but i wouldn't rip on a guy or turn him down just for that. From what that post said it sounds like the girl was meh about him to begin with. What really matters is that the car gets from point a to point b safely and doesn't smell like garbage. ain't nothing wrong with fuel economy cars! I drive one myself (if a hyundai elanta really counts. i mean my dad got it for me because he said it saves gas so yea).

• Yep, your car counts. It's rather efficient, Smart does eat up more expensive Octane 94 as it's fuel of choice, minimum is 91's Octane.

• Nope! I don't really care! He can be bus rider lol!

• Just as long as he has a car that works well and is reliable! Last guy I dated fixed cars, which was cool, but they were constantly giving him trouble with the oil, tires, etc. It just got annoying, and I feel like he sometimes used it as an excuse to back out of dates.

• LOL. Why would you get into a car with anyone who's intoxicated? Last time I was drunk while driving was when I went on a date and ordered Irish Coffee, me thinking it was just coffee I was for a surprise. So I had to drive back bit buzzed, now I carefully read what's in the coffee :)

• Had to add, I was on my motorcycle, had my visor open and had the cool summer breeze keeping me going. Thing is if I crashed would have been okay with it, as long as I did not hurt anyone else :!

• but it doesn't

• I wouldn't care for any car but a smart car... I wouldn't not date him I would just rather take my far. Smart cars have no crumple space and yes the frame is solid but the amount of force you'd take in an accident due to it's lack of crumple is enough to make an organ tear and for you to bleed out

• Smart is designed to utilize crumple zones of other cars. In the end of the day Smart car is safer than no-car or a motorcycle. I will tell you something, I would have made it out with barely any damage should my accident have been Smart vs SUV. Sadly my accident was Motorcycle (sports class) vs SUV, and as a result all of the impact force was transferred onto me, with end result was being ejected onto the SUV. And mind this was only 20kmh collision, should I been going full 70kmh I would have cut half of the car, while having my motorcycle ball's deep in the engine bay.

• I love smart cars!

• The roar of V8 = ❤️
    The look of sportscar = 💋
    Going over a 100 mph =😍
    Fuel economy = 😒

• I love the car.

• I honestly don't care what kind of car a guy drives. Shoot, I don't even care if it's fancy! If he doesn't have a car that's fine too! Cars aren't cheap unless they're lemons!

• The guy could ride a motorbike for all I care haha :P as long as he loves me I don't care what he drives... the fact that he has some sort of transport is good enough for me

• Haha. Way the go :D. I don't want to be fun police or a twat but I recommend you stay away from motorcycles. Don't get me wrong there cool and fun, but it's usually someone else who will end up hurting you on one. I was a fine and dandy guy 2 1/2 weeks ago, until I was hit by a female driver, who failed to Yield at a intersection running a red light and causing me to smack her VW SUV.

Here is what is left of my bike :(
      http://i.imgur.com/8hY74e9.jpg

• Eh, that is why there is insurance. A piece of metal and plastic can be always replaced, a human life can't.

• That's so true!
      Anyway, I'm glad you're safe :)
      Have a great day :)

• I really no nothing about cars. Even if I did, I wouldn't care as long as it's functional.

• I don't care. if he has a car, great but beyond it being safe I really don't care what kind.

• If it drives I don't really care

• I'm not super into cars so as long as it drives and looks safe, I'm cool.

• i don't care what kind of car my boyfriend drives. right now he has a beat up old Volkswagen golf. it doesn't make me think any less of him. if i wanna have a nice car, I'll buy one myself. i don't need my man to have one.

• Baby it matters!

• Haha, with all do respect I don't think it should matter unless your looking at assets of your potential date/so not his personality. People can claim safety concerns on motorcycles, and that is something I would understand. But then again girls have no problem dating guys who ride motorcycles, even truth they are dangerous and less safe then say a Smart.

Don't believe me? Well here is what is left of my bike when I was hit by an SUV. the driver ran a red light and no it wasn't a guy. (The images are 3 days after my accident which took place on Mar 12, 2016)

http://i.imgur.com/rZFpt9p.jpg

• U don't look bad.
      Get a car.
      Let it be small and broken down. At least u have more protection. You're very wreckless

• That pic is at a peek of me being out of hospital for 6 hours full of painkillers, did not get my ass out of bed for 2 days. But damn was I high for 2 days.

• It doesn't.

• It's a 50/50 not all woman or man are made equal. 😎

• Yeah, I know. That's why I meant that it doesn't matter to me, personally and I don't know why it would to anyone else ._.

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 26

• Those women are secretly Gold diggers or attention whores. It's about status and being in a small car like that reeks low status. Even though I'm sure it's a good vehicle and saves fuel costs, it doesn't look like a car a man with a lot of money would drive.

• Now now. There not really gold diggers. She said Civic and Trucks in her post, unless you wanna classify that as Poor Gold Digger, since neither of thouse are very fancy cars. The original OP had beef with Smart in particular.

• I kinda agree with this guy somewhat. She doesn't like the car and doesn't want to be seen in it. Also it kind of looks like a "girly car" (some people think this way even though it's kind of stupid). She sounds like she likes "manly men" so this car doesn't fit that profile for sure. Either that or she doesn't like the guy in the first place and the car is just what she's using to "attack" him with.

• I'll keep the safety rating in mind if you keep in mind that the safety tests are conducted at 35mph. My cousin was an EMT and anytime they were responding to accidents involving a Smartcar, they brought the bags and alerted the coroner. At highway speeds, you might as well be inside a soup can. They're built to pass the tests at the speeds that they run the tests, not protect you at speeds you'll actually be driving. Crumple Ones only work if your car is big enough to HAVE them.
    Occupants are nearly twice as likely to die as if they'd been in a midsize car.

• Highway speeds will kill no matter the car. Few weeks ago there was nothing left of a 2013-2014 mustang. This was single vehicle collision at around 9:30am, guy ended up getting the railing to go truth the car. The car? Could not tell it was a mustang, only give away was back section. Speed? 120km/h

• That's so sad and stupid if what car a guy drives has any influence on their attraction towards him. I mean there is no logic in that whatsoever unless all they are interested in is his wallet which is completely superficial...

• I like that car. Except that the one I used to drive is a little strange with the breaks and the gas pedal.

I have to say that a normal car is alright but I sometimes just rent a sport car and have a nice weekend with it. Sport cars are really really nice when you drive them once in a while.

• Was it Turbo Diesel one? TD used to be stupid like that.

• No, I am pretty sure it was gasoline.

I used to live in Toronto and they have those cars parked all over the place. The service is called Car2go, you just flash a car on any of the car and hop in a drive it. You can park it in pretty much any public parking space and just leave it. You get billed by the minute or hours of driving it.

They have a credit card inside the car so you can refuel it when it's empty and get $10 credit or something. I did it once and it was normal gasoline.

• There's small car and there's "smart" car, driving the latter just means you have rather shitty taste in cars. It doesn't say anything about your character, aside from fact that you either don't care about what you drive or don't know what a good car should be like.

• Define a good car? Would it be that shiny BMW which becomes maintance horror after 5 years? People have fun in old ass VW mini-buses with swapped engines and they would not care a single bit that they have a Porsche 911 engine in a rusted as VW mini-bus.

• I will tell you this. True car anthusiast love all cars equally and tunning and old crap car to spank your BMW or GTR is loads of fun. People who are into brands are usually brainless sheep, good example is iSheeps.

Now we have Mr. know it all spewing crap about small cars. For starters shall I remind you everyone is different and everyone's taste is Relative. Also I have no doubt you would cry a river if your BMW hot spanked by 500hp Smart car.

• And I rather have fun in beat down car with swapped engine then baby a BMW or Benz. Cars are for driving and having fun, not baby them like there diamonds.

On side note my 2014 GT 5.0 V8 eats BMW's for breakfast :)

• How the eff can you complain about that car there are PLENTY of POS'S cars out there. Plus if you save on gas thats a couple thousand dollars a year that you can spend on memories and not food for the car.

• If he drives manual transmission, all is fine with the world :) Automatic is too boring, anyway, might as well sleep behind the wheel.

• Girls don't care what you drive. Unless you live in California.

• LOL. Ne, mate. I live in Canada same shit and I heard guys from Australia mention same thing.

• Optima was great when I test drove it.

• @Trenhard_ Ya i love Asian cars.

• Money matters dude...
    It really helps.

• I mean yeah it gets you there in one piece, kinda pathetic how some women will gather behind the idea to stop shaming each other but when it comes to males they are happy to berate them all because of societies expectations.

• It doesn't but I would never drive a fucking smart car

I'm also not interested in those boring ass luxury cars like the 4 door Mercedes audis and bmws.

Life is too short to drive a boring ass piece of shit fucking car

• I honestly don't get it either. It's okay though, anyone can judge me on my catfish all they want but I swear they aren't having as much fun as me driving it.

• i guess guys usually hold prides in two things - cars and watches. They could spend a lot for these two, but wear clothes that cost a few dollars, just a simple white tee.

I guess if someone complains of the car, they are just having complaints for that guy they are dating but did not know what exactly are they that they did not like, hence bash on their possession

• It mattered to her because her values are twisted.

I don't think that is a global phenomenon.

• Bubble head more interested in image than life. Guy dodged a bullet. I don't care if the girl I like lives under a bridge and wears a potato sack during the day. This materialism isn't natural

• golf carts aren't cars

• Neither is Ariel Atom or KTM X Bow or BEC Mono, Your point?

• OG mini goddamnit

• Small cars are fun in there own way. Golf cart with motorcycle engine is fun in its own way. Hell even lawnmower with rotary engines swaps are mad fun.

You can't beat power to weight ratio on small and light cars. You will die nevertheless, but the P2W is in favour of smaller cars. Ex: Honda Type-R

• ... it doesn't :D

• Lol you should read up on the link I posted, people go bat 💩 Crazy about the car you own.

• That's a good way of dealing with things :)

• Yahoo answers taught me there is a lot of stupid to go around. So most time it's better to pass it off, instead of getting angry over stupid crap. 👌

• I personally think some woman just want the guy for his car. Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, etc. The man doesn't matter just the type of car so they can be seen in it.

• That's gag for you 99.99% of the females are shallow. You really believe those that say the car he drives doesn't matter? I bet they wouldn't date a guy if he was driving a car from the junkyard.

• You have to take everything with a pinch of salt, this is the Internet after all :)

• If a guy has a big car to "compensate" then wouldn't the opposite be true of small cars?

• In theory yes. But someone will always try to twist this theory into oblivion.

• Clout.

• I wouldn't care what she drove. A vehicle is a vehicle. I like my car, I just got it after hitting a seer with my previous one :( My car is a 2005 Acura TL

• Nice. Plus it's Honda made so repairs aren't much. Only reason I love Japanese cars, abandons of parts and dirt cheap to fix.

• @jwhit Yep. Older Hondas/Toyotas were build much more nicer vs new gen.

• Agreed!!

• I don't even own a car.

• no girls gunna want to ride in that clown car

• Clown car? LOL. Yeah yeah, but with crazy enough person at wheel and a Hayabusa engine I will smoke your Cumstang :D

• Yes it does lol. Women like status.

• Bitches are superficial and say they are not but they are