Dating someone with kids?

Well my question is would you date someone with children?
If yes what would the max amount of children would become a problem for you.

• 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5 or more

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about number. But I've had no problem dating as a single mom with 1 kid. My daughter's father had 1 from a previous relationship. And here is what I've learned:

For me, it is not so much whether or not the person HAS kids, I think the bigger thing I would look at is why he isn't with the mom. If he walked out on the wife, then I wouldn't date him. I'd also look at the dynamics with his ex-if it is high cost flict, no thanks-and if he is current on child support and if he uses his visitation to the max. And at what kind of a father he is.

Dating a single parent can be an advantage actually. You can see a lot about their character.

• Thank you the guy im talking to has his daughter full time. I haven't asked about his ex iv never known how to bring it up. He adores his daughter which is lovely as my ex doesn't seem to care about his kids. I have 5 children and he said it doesn't bother him, he does seem genuine

• No prob. If it works for you both then go for it ;)

What Guys Said 17

• i wouldn't at this point... or probably ever, but if i had to choose, between 2 and 3. why? because it's young enough where they won't remember life without you, but old enough to be potty trained so you don't have to change their diapers and shit

• Ya totally. I'm not about to go all step parent, but kids are fun and not actually you're problem if the potential other has their shit together.

• And if the childrens dad wasn't involved through his selfishness would you not bother? If she didn't want you to meet for children for a while would you be fine with the time she could give you or would you want more time like see each other every day?

• That's all down to individual relationship. I know plenty of wonderful and strong single parents and I personally don't need to be around my SO for the majority of the time.

• 3 or 4 would be a starting point, but it depends a lot on the kids themselves.

• Your 18 though would you really get with someone with children? Or do you when your older?

• The answer is no. While children are cool, I want nothing to do with someone else's family on that level that I would potentially become a daddy figure. Not happening.

• I'd rather not date another single mom. Never seems to work out.

• Can i ask why it never works? Just that im a single mum and looking to get back to dating. I give a lot of time to my children and also study. I am wondering if i have the time. Iv spoken to afew guys who haven't got children and didn't understand i couldn't just drop things and meet them, but now im talking to someone who is a single dad and understands things. I am just a little worried of giving too much and it bot lasting as i just want to find someone i can spend my life with. He won't be meeting the kids either untill with have been together at least a year if that is possible

• That shouldn't be happening, at all. They are her children. I just couldn't imange a guy around my children yet, being a dad figure i think i would prefer him just to have fun with them and only step to show he's my back up lol.

• Things are odd in Clarksville, lol

• Not interested in dating a single parent.

• Never at all? Do you have children/ want children of your own?

• Never a single parent. Not convinced by having my own, either.

• I would. But I won't have any responsibility on the children whatsoever except later in the relationship.

• Responsibility? Do you mean you wouldn't co parent?

• Unfortunately commitment isn't as common as I would want it to be but, there's nothing I can do about it. Good luck in your search, lassie.

• So true. Thank you. You to

• Nah, it's not for me.

• I wouldn't date someone with kids.

• Is that because you wouldn't want to bring someone else's child up?

• It's because I don't see myself as paternal material right now, and that I don't want to be responsible for someone else's child. Besides, won't really help the relationship when a girl has to handle a child on top of other things.

• Heck no.

• I wouldn't, honestly.

• Can i ask why?

• Ok yes sorry didn't see your age

• I mean, even if I was old enough I still wouldn't want to, actually.

• why not?

• I have no problem dating someone with kids.

• Do you have children yourself? Did you meet the children? How was the relationship in general like time wise for each other?

• I have children myself.
      When I was single (with no kids), I didn't meet the kids because it was mostly a sexual relationship.

• Ohh right no i don't want it to be just sexual that defo won't be happening for a while

• Nope.

• I don't see why not

• been there.. done that.. no problem

• No I wouldn't

• Defiantly not?

• I can only hope to be half the man my "dad" is. But thank you. I know what's like to romantically lonely, have been for a while now. It really takes you to gauge if your child is mentally ready for someone knew and to gauge the new person brought into their life. It doesn't help that my niece is just over 2 and has been scared of me since she was born. I guess that effects my views on someone else's children as well.

• My nieces where scared of me when they were younger. Children are like dogs they sense things so if you feel abit on egde they pick up on it smd become wary. Stop worrying about things and go with the flow, honestly not a lot of guys have that caring side. Do you play with her?

What Girls Said 10

• At the age I'm at right now, I would not date anyone with kids.
    However, I would be ok with 1-2 kids if I was 28, 29, or in my early 30s.

• No I wouldn't date someone with kids.

• nope. never happening.

• Can i ask why you wouldn't get with anyone with kids?

• I want my own kids someday, ALL by the same man. I expect the same from him.

• Yes i can understand that

• Nope, I'm 19 I don't want to date someone with kids...

• I wouldn't. Mainly because I don't plan to have kids

• No, I wouldn't ever date someone with children.

• No, I wouldn't.

• No I will never date someone with children

• I would never date a person with kids too troublesome and like I'm jealous if I see his ex every month. There is no way I can be able to do it

• NO THANKS. but I'm 15 so maybe I'll change my mind when I get older :)