Girls, Are things awkward or different after a guy asks you out and you turn him down, either because uninterested or already seeing someone?

For some reason I have developed a fear of asking women out. In my early 20's I was fine, but looking back I always knew if the girls were single, plus, they always wanted a ride on my motorcycle, don't have that anymore. Add to that, I worked with these women back then.

currently, I don't have the bike, for now, and at my job, I only work with men, and the people that come in are either men or married women. I no longer go to bars. The places I go to, I go to every day, so I deal with them daily, so I have been worried about asking anyone out.

i know I have to just get the nerve and do it, but I really wonder how a woman feels after turning someone down, and then having to face each other every day almost. It has been awkward to me when it has happened recently. The other problem I have is that at my age of 35, most women are married or seeing someone, I can never figure out how to ask if they are seeing someone. Easy enough to know if they are married by their ring most of the time

3

Most Helpful Girl

• If I turn him down , whether I am single or married, it won't make any difference. I won't feel bad, I am just being honest and besides I dont want to lead any one on or use em. If its a close guy pal, now thats a different story. We are gonna be seeing more of each other even after that and I must say it would be a bit awkward. I would feel bad for him but I stand by my word.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that I'd attempt to make it not awkward but honestly I think it would be a little, especially if I knew them outside of that one meeting.

• Yeah because you know this one person was interested!