What do you do when you want a boyfriend?

I am 25 and it's the first time I've really wanted one. I've never had a boyfriend before, not even any minor relationships at all. I've finally got my own place and my career is taking off. I feel happy, a lot because of that but mostly my happiness comes from an internal place spiritually. I am busy a lot and travel, but when I'm home I feel like I really want someone to talk to other than my friends, someone to go out with, someone to stay in with and cook or watch a movie. I've never had these things before. and oh yeah sex lol. (But I've had sex before). My heart is open, but I don't know if there is anything I can do to be proactive about this. Only thing I can think of is going out with my friends to bars and parties. But I am getting impatient and obsessive over the thought of one. This obsession is what worries me. For example, I can't watch a movie by myself without imagining in my head a guy cuddling me. Is that weird? Does anyone else do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get outside of your apt, meet people! go to gym and clubs!

Most Helpful Girl

• We become what we think, you keep thinking about what's missing in your life then your aren't attracting the right things. I know you want a boyfriend now but the right people always come to you when you least expect it. You obviously are independent financially, but are you independent emotionally? It's ok to be alone, that gives you time to work on yourself emotionally and mentally so you will be at your best when the right person comes too you. If you let this " I want a boyfriend " cloud your mind so much it's just going to lead you to a rushed and bad relationship. don't let things you don't have take over and cloud your judgement. Mr. Right for you could be next door or in a Starbucks line but your so focused on not having that you can't see Mr. Right is in front of you. Just relax, live in the moment and stay positive meet new people network. Your heart might be open but maybe your body language isn't. You could be folding your arms when your talking to someone which is a defense mechanism. You be saying one worded things like your not interested. Just make sure your body language is warm.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, next time you're out and about if you see a guy you're interested in be bold and chat him up.

What Girls Said 1