I'm in a a relationship and I gave my number away because I didn't want to be rude?

I gave my number away when I was drunk the other night cause I completely blanked on the 'i have a boyfriend' excuse. And now I feel really bad that I did it cause I love my partner and I only gave it out because I didn't wanna feel rude and I always knew that I could block it if they tried to contact me? I feel so terrible. Would I tell my partner even though it ment nothing it was honestly just me trying to be nice? I always feel flattered when people ask for my number and because they had the courage to ask I give them my number and block them. What do I do? Am I overreacting?

What Guys Said 1

• That's really bad. It's better to reject someone than to lead a person to think you are interested. Don't block them; tell him the truth. Additionally, don't tell your boyfriend.

• That's what I thought. My intentions were good bit I went the wrong way about it. From now I'll just be upfront and say no to avoid all this guilt. Thank you

What Girls Said 1

• As long as you don't pursue anything with this person in more than a platonic matter I don't think it matters.

• thank you. That makes me feel a lot better.