Is it true to have more success with women, you should act indifferent towards them?

I've heard and read this is true and it definitely seems to be. I'm not like that and I can't really act that way. If I like someone or someone is interesting to me, I want to know more about them. I want to talk, get to know them, and take a genuine interest in their thoughts and ideas. I'm naturally curious and if something interests me, I want to learn about it. I'm this way with ideas, objects, anything really including women. Why does this end up almost always failing? It seems it's a common thing for women to say they want one thing but actually want another. Why? It doesn't make sense to me. Am I just another confused guy? Help me!!

This comes from a girl I met about a year ago at Christmas. She was really cool, smart, funny all that. I did have some reservations about if she and I could work but I never really got the chance to find out. We were doing well, having fun dating and all for a couple months, nothing serious then she just lost interest when I was getting more interested. I was trying to talk a little more and get to know more about her and she kinda got mean and withdrawn from me. Anyway, it didn't work.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the woman but for me, it's definitely not true. My boyfriend won me over because he showed interest, actively reached out to me, wanted to know more about me, and was genuine in his approach and interactions with me. He was very straightforward and made it clear that he liked me and wanted to pursue a relationship, which I really liked. It made me want to get to know him on a deeper level too.

If someone acted indifferent towards me then I would assume they weren't interested and it probably wouldn't lead anywhere. I can't speak for other women though, so I'm not sure how others would react to indifference.

• Thank you😊 your opinions are always great Miss Bee.

• @Lamborghini1616 yeah! don't lose hope, you might have a chance! just keep a positive open mind! yes? goodluck! you can also message me too and ill give my honest opinion anytime :)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's what most guys say.
    I will never understand it.
    If adults cannot simply act like adults, there is no point in any communication.

• I agree. I hate the games. Why can we all just be ourselves and be honest about how we feel. A guy can't show interest or he's desperate, if you want to know more about someone and ask questions, you're a stalker. Come on too strong (in their view) you're too fast, if you don't, you're not interested. I mean everyone is an individual, I understand that but it's so commonly happens this way. If we can just COMMUNICATE, misunderstandings would evaporate. It doesn't have to be difficult or frustrating. I know guys do things wrong too. We're so simple, I think women think cuz they're more complex, we must be complex too and so they over think things and we underthink thing for lack of a better word. The girl I was dating I referred to, I thought it was going well, we talked well, we had chemistry, we laughed, we had lot we had so much in common, she even hunted-more than me-and was more successful at big game which I don't hunt anymore. It was great.

• Then in literally a matter of hours it went from amazing to nothing, just gone. She wouldn't talk to me or even explain what I did or what she did, just nothing. That really hurts and then it makes you really pissed. I mean it's not ok to do that to a person. I've only ever had one girl honest about how she felt. After a day hanging out she just said out of the blue, she wants me as a friend and she doesn't see it going any further. I felt the same way and I was thinking how to say it but she beat me to it. It was wonderful! I had and still have so much respect for her. We're still friends now, good friends. It can be that way, really lol.

What Girls Said 37

• I think it will work for some women, but not others. And if you are not that particular woman's type, then neither option will "win" her over. I think you should be yourself.

I've never gone for someone who started as disinterested. If you don't want me, I have plenty of other choices. Sometimes my interest would BRIEFLY peak if the guy had a lot of qualities I find attractive, but within a week I'm into a different interest.

I can also honestly say that not every guy who shows an interest wins me over. I take them seriously, but sometimes they show red flags and other qualities that I think would make us incompatible.

• Yeah makes sense.

• To your update, you got more interested, but she probably saw some specific things about you that she did not like and believed it would make you not work out. It likely was NOT because you showed interest. Since you got several days in, something else PROBABLY want clicking. (Without knowing her I can't say for sure, but more than likely)

• I'm sure that's what happened. I mean it's really not a big deal and it's in the past I was just wondering why it's a common thing to want indifference.

• No. At least not for me. I need total of 10 minutes to know if I'm interested in a guy or not. And if I am, the only thing that will keep me interested is him showing interest back. Otherwise, I'll lose interested. Just stop acting the certain way to get someone, it will get you no where. It's exhausting. Be yourself and don't give a shit if they like you or not. I would rather be single forever then to have to play some stupid game for them to notice me.

• I don't act a certain way. That's how I am naturally. I agree, I'm not going to act different than myself cuz that might interest the wrong one and I just don't want to any way.

• If a man acted indifferent towards me, I would pretty much write him off.

• I think that's definitely true. Girls are lying to themselves if they say any different.. that, or they lack confidence and/or are not that attractive and know it. They'll accept attention from any guy because they're not used to it, whereas with an attractive girl or even an average one, they're used to a decent amount of attention so aim higher. They're picky about a guy coming off as needy or desperate, and are indifferent to the fact that he could be a genuinely nice guy and wants to treat you right.

Girls like excitement and drama. I'd like to say I'm different because I've learned so much from MRA's and MGTOW's about the nature of women, but I find myself craving that excitement that I don't get from my current boyfriend. Whenever I have those dark thoughts, I remind myself that he's a good man that would do anything for me.. not some pig that would have sex with me and leave me in 2 seconds.

Girls need to keep the quality good guys around and not chase the bad boys. They'll bring nothing but unhappiness to your life at the end of the day.. they're not loyal, or love you deep down, but girls hope to "change" them. You won't.

#endrant

• Wow very good. I really like the openness and honesty, I appreciate it. Thanks for the post!

• i find it quite, interesting that you follow MRA and MGTOW content (on youtube im presuming). I'd be interested in having a private conversation with you, if you don't mind

• I'm impressed , considering you are 19 , you are way more mature & balanced than most of your counterparts. One reason I'm here is to help my daughter grow up to be a decent young woman & like to hear you ladies out , so I can see her POV. MRA / MGTOW is a result of " media " anti male campaigns , laws that always presume male guilt & the man hating feminist movement , which nowadays is a hate group.

• Girls like when you are interested in them, but you shouldn't act too desperate. The same is true for girls. If we like a guy we shou show interest in his ideas but not act too desperate. If you act too interested in is it can scare us a little too. So someone who isn't as interested but still shows some interest is really good

• I think that's true too. Misunderstandings suck.

• I would normally say that i agree with this. I still do, but to a degree. I had to learn the hard way. I got with the guy who was interested in me and actively pursued me without being too pushy/clingy/desperate/etc. He played things cool. We were together for 13 years. But, once he realized that he had me, things started to slack off and got worse over time. It got to the point of him only being home to eat, sleep and shower. He didn't appreciate me and our relationship. He even cheated. Ya see, guys like what us girls THINK we want, end up being the guys who are not good for us. It is the guys who really pay atention to us and who actively seek to treat us right that are the ones we SHOULD be seeking. I have one of those guys now and I have never been happier. It took a while for me to adjust to the amount of attention that I got, but I am finally able to appreciate it. He has made me see things in myself that i never saw before & I can appreciate that he sees me as worth the effort.

• @crystalt70 I totally agree with your opinion. Guys like me that put in effort are genuinely interested (usually). There's no ulterior motives, other than we'd maybe like to be more than friends maybe but that's not a secret. Since I sold my business, I've have more time on my hands. When I worked, I was always so busy, I had to put time in when I had a chance cuz I might not have it again for a few days. If a girl would put in some effort too, she might see and understand why a guy does things a certain way too instead of assuming there's something wrong with them. Its just perspective. I also see how it couuld pay off in the future too, like in your situation. Great post.😀

• If a guy was acting indifferent towards me I'd assume he was actually indifferent and I'd move on. My boyfriend was a total dork in the beginning following me around like a lost puppy and it was nice to know how badly he wanted to be with me.

• I don't think this is necessarily true, no. All women are different, but I personally wouldn't pursue someone who was indifferent toward me even if I was interested previously.

• I don't believe so, no. Men have it in their heads that there is two ways to be: a pussy ass nice guy or a piece of shit. The reason why showing interest can sometimes fail is that you can come across easily as overbearing or like you aren't willing to talk about yourself. Women in general want a guy to be interested but have a clear concept of boundaries and confidence enough in himself to actually talk about himself too. It isn't about being "one way or the other" but rather a very balanced person.

• Definitely not true for me. I liked when I guy showed interest. It was much better, more genuine. Guys who purposely act indifferent are jerks.

• Definitely not true. This has happened to me a few times in the past. Guy has shown a lot of interest in me, we hit it off, and then slowly he starts distancing himself. If anything, it hurts me and makes me resent him for treating me like that.
    Only insecure girls who are desperate for attention and validation will start to work really hard to get your attention again. And they might not even be doing it because they actually like you. They might just be doing it for the attention and validation. And once they have that, they'll go back to putting in minimal effort.
    But for me, it only hurts me. It makes me lose interest in them, because I see no point in trying to work things out with someone who acts like they don't need me or care about me. I've had enough of that bullshit, those mind games. Right now I will only spend time on those who have proven they are worth my time. If someone is acting cold, distant or indifferent towards me, then screw them. Screw them even harder if they're doing it to play mind games.

• I agree totally. Great post!

• Nah. If the other person plays mind games, it probably wouldn't have been a good relationship. They probably wouldn't even stop with the mind games once you're officially together. Those who are worth something will make an effort to keep you in their lives. Not force you to make an effort to cling onto them.

• Good point, you're right.

• It doesn't always work. I absolutely hate when a guy does this because it makes me lose interest. He's giving off a vibe like "I don't really care about what we talk about". If you really like a girl show her that. Text her periodically but not too often.

• Depends on the woman. It is not true at all for me. I don't want a man to act indifferent. I want a man who shows interest and when we do get serious, someone who is passionate, affectionate and is not afraid to express himself to me.

• Hell no. The day someone acts indifferent towards me is the last day they hear from me. I don't play that 😂

• I can only speak for myself. If a guy ignores me I think he's not interested

• If a guy acts indifferent towards me, I distance myself because I assume he isn't interested in me at all.

If a guy wants to let a girl know he likes her, then getting to know her as a person is a sure sign of interest. That's one of the signs I look for if I want to determine how genuine a guy is about me.

If he doesn't open up to me about himself, and doesn't' want to get to know me, then I just assume he has no interest in me. So I pull away.

• I think the same way. Maybe I'm not delirious?

• lol no you are not at all :)

If i liked a guy, i would want to get to know him on a personal level. I wouldn't act indifferent towards him, because i wouldn't want him to be under the assumption that i wasn't interested in him

• Women who only act interested in you when you're being indifferent towards them are either too young to know better or into playing games. If a woman is mature and sane, she will only remain interested if a guy shows his interest, too. I, myself, can only remain interested in someone if he shows solid interest in me. If he's indifferent or even slightly wishy-washy, I am out the door in a flash.

• It changes from person to person, based on who they are and how they were raised, i think a lot of it has to do with how much attention they got as a child.
    for example, I am a middle child with a single parent and I didn't get a lot of attention so I like guys who make me one of their top priorities.

but that' rule doesn't apply to everyone

• No way. Never. Girls who have an ego like me will then tend to reciprocate the indifference. If you're confident and really like a girl, don't play games with her please. It's really confusing. If you don't want to say what you feel out loud, that doesn't mean you have to ignore her. Say what you feel through your actions. We girls notice EVERYTHING

• I never play games. I hate them with a passion. Everything I do has good intentions and I say what I mean. No tricks or tests, nothing like that. I'm very simple and straightforward.

• Oh well. Forgot about her. A guy like you ought to get whoever he wants. Good luck!

• Hahaha thanks for the vote of confidence. Very sweet 😊

• No. There's no specific way to have success with women. Some men don't have to do anything and women are all over them. Other men have to put in effort. Some men do a combination of both. I suppose the better looking you are the more women will be attracted to you. Other times some men have super attractive personalities and even if they're not that good-looking they just make you fall in love with them. If you are rich and successful then you'll attract gold-diggers 99% of the time. Men have a misconception that if you're ugly but have money or are successful then you are sexually attractive. No. You're still ugly but gold-digging women are willing to tolerate you because they're lazy and can't get a job to get the things they want on their own.

• I agree with that (rolls eyes)

• Yeah, I agree. Once you get the parasite out of you system, you flush it down the toilet.

• Exactly. Don't feed the leech!

• Lol the idiots telling guys this know NOTHING about us.

• I would lose interest if a guy acted indifferent towards me.

• I'm the same as you. when I met a new guy and start crushing on him I go nuts with the questions. if I get the vibe ges not interested, by him giving short boring answers everytime or by never asking me anything in return, I get turned off and lose all interest.

• Indifference = disinterest, at least to me. This woman just wasn't into anything more than a fling but instead of being direct about that, she played mind games with you.

• Nope, I don't do the playing games nor reverse psychology thing. If a guy doesn't call back nor text me, I'm not going to even bother calling him. If he acts indifferent, I'll just take it that he doesn't care in getting to know me and that's the last time he'll hear from me.

If a guy cares about getting to know me then he would show effort.

• I don't think so.

• No just no. If you want someone make it known. This outlook about acting indifferent just sends mixed signals and even worse no SIGNALS!! like dude... if one does this a girl is just gonna move on to a man who is interested in her. Plus, it makes things go a lot faster.

• That's what I would think it would do too. If the tables were turned, I'd walk away as well.

• Man oh man have i met them too! Glad it isn't the norm too. I mean could you imagine... Nah, let's not go there.

• Good idea, just kill me now.

• Well not in my case. It's a huge turn off.

• If you aim for the teenagers then maybe...

• It depends on the person, I'm similar as you, I'm a curious person, and i love to get to know new things about other people. If someone acted indifferent towards me, i would not bother with them at all, i don't see the point? Since I'd assume they aren't interested

• Maybe you asked a lot of personal questions that were kinda pointless in the first place

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 28

• Yes it is 100% true! Why do you think you get hit on more when you're in a relationship vs when you're not? It's because you don't care about the other girls and when a pretty girl who is bombarded with attention is "ignored" by a guy all her focus will be on him. I almost never ever get hit on by girls when I'm single, like never. The moment I got a girlfriend, holy shit it was like every new girl I met wanted me. In one week alone there were 4 different girls that agressively hit on me, 2 of them flat out told me they wanted to sleep with me. This has almost never happened when I was single and I did not NOTHING to these girls to warrant their behavior, I was just nice to them, minding my own business, and trying to have fun wjth my other friends. Even last Friday I was out with my girlfriend and some of her friends and friends of friends and there was one girl who was extremely attractive and was literally getting hit on by a different guy every two minutes (it was actually funny to watch lol). I was with my girlfriend almost the whole time and never bothered to introduce myself because I seriously couldn't have cared less since I was having so much fun with my girlfriend. She ended up coming up to me to introduce herself and already knew a couple of things about me that she heard while eavesdropping throught the night. I know for a fact that if I was single that night, the only way she would have ever talked to me is if I initiated. All the other girls can suck it though, I'll chose my girlfriend over any girl any day.

• a lot of people flirt for the attention. when you're in a relationship you get more attention simply because your being off limits makes you safe/they know they don't have to worry about you trying anything with them.

• @thewanderingme I know he was. There's people that go on here just to be dicks. Must be very miserable. Could be a one night stand thing but what you said still applies either way.

• @thewanderingme Those women did offer me sex, one of them was even telling me that cheating is fine and not a big deal and that she's done it before. Who knows, maybe there was something about me that week, but I've noticed a huge change overall.

• It can work with an insecure and a woman with low self esteem... But a woman with high self esteem will gonna kick your ass and dump u for good...

• "On action alone be thy interest,
    Never on its fruits.
    Let not the fruits of action be thy motive,
    Nor be thy attachment to inaction."
    -Bhagavad Gita

Some guys get too attached to the outcome and come off as desperate. Show your interest but don't worry about the outcome - girls are not obligated to return your interest nor should you make them feel like they have to - that alone could turn them away.

“The ordinary love is a demand, the real love is a sharing. It knows nothing of demand; it knows the joy of giving” - Osho

• Yeah of course not.

• Exactly. That's what I got out of your post.

• Oh, ok. I didn't see your previous post as GAG doesn't update in real time. You must've commented a few seconds before me.

• Umm... i have success with women, but i would not say i "Should" act indifferent towards them. I would rather use the term "objective"... women are crazy... you could love em, like em, hate em, whatever... but regardless, you gotta keep just a slight bit of distance because when shit hits the fan (and it will)... you need that gap to give you some time to get out the way. my philosophy.

• Not indifferent, but you shouldn't give her all your attention, and put her before you. Many guys tend to give their whole to a girl they just met 3 days ago, talking like she's the best, like they've known each other for a long time, and acting super interested in their lives. You shouldn't do that.
    Don't be indifferent, cause indifference won't get you a grown mature woman, it'll only get you little girls with issues.

• Haha no issues please. Keep walking.

• Yeah, no one wants that kind of girl, that's why you shouldn't act indifferent, cause a woman you want to build a future with won't deal with that bullshit.

• I think you're right, I agree.

• If it works for you, fine. The problem is, you will lose yourself if you try to act, walk, talk as someone you're not. You need confidence, that's the foundation. It might Seem to you that success is brought about by indifference toward women, it isn't.

Firstly, though, you need to get your own shit together. What are your goals, what constitutes as "being succesful with women"?

For the love of god, don't start believing in the alpha wolf.. I mean alpha male bullshit. Word of advice - only betas ever need to discuss that shit.

Naturally, this goes further than just relationships with women. Your problem might be your "over-eagerness". Let me ask you something? Why does she deserve such attention in the first place? What has she done for you? You barely even know her and yet you speak of curiosity, that She is "interesting" to you. There are more immediate things that ought to be of More interest to you, namely your own life.

A common thing for women to say they want one thing, but in actuality, want something else. They are wired like that, it's not a revelation. It doesn't have to make sense to You or Me or Anyone, it's just how these things go.

• It's about giving just the right amount of attention, not too much or you smother them and not too little so that it comes off as you being disinterested. Always just give the right amount for more to be desired later.

• You can't be completely indifferent otherwise you just don't care and don't bother doin anything towards pursuing girls. It's a more active type of indifference lol. It's showing interest, but you're not selling yourself. You're getting to know her to see if you even like her and until that point you are indifferent as far as an outcome with her.

I think she meant don't invest too much into girls before you even know them. Which is true, because then you come across as desperate. If you just don't care as far as the outcome, but you welcome good things the you're more likely to get it. Because you'll naturally be more relaxed and just be yourself.

• As humans, naturally we want what we cannot have. That said, the statement you quoted is only partially true. I've always divided interest into 3 categories.
    1) Interested and show it
    2) Interested and not show it (act indifferent)
    3) Non-interest

1 works well with many women - especially those that aren't interested in childish games.
    2 works well with many women as well - those enjoy the chase or prefer not to be "pressured" into a relationship (this allows them the freedom to show their interest when they please)
    3... well...3 doesn't need an explanation

• There are two answers to this.

Yes - if you want to appear a certain type of when you're in fact just manipulating them to think that way because you're not. Some girls will fall for it, might not be the type you're looking for.

No - use your natural curiosity and the fact that you're genuine to attract the type of girls who are into that, who wants an interesting guy who's fun and different. But - you can still use psychology to find the right way to approach and hang out with girls you like. And it's ok to say one thing and want another, we all do it, right?

• Good points. Is it ok to say one thing and want another? No, not really. Do we all do it? Yeah most of us do it at some point. I try to be 100% honest, that doesn't mean I'm perfect but I really put in effort to be straightforward, honest and say what I mean and mean what I say with no games attached, ever.

• It's not necessarily about playing games - sometimes people don't really know what they want!! And that's not a bad thing...

• In some cases it works, in other cases it doesn't and you have to be more forward and aggressive, you have to use your judgment. Being indifferent seems to work for me more when I meet girls through friends, whereas with girls I've met randomly I had to be more forward and I found that having sex with them quickly, as in the first or second date, was what made the difference. But either way, you never want to come across as desperate or too anxious to get into her pants.

• No, I don't think that works, at least not on all women.

• Here's the thing. Correlation does not mean causation.

You are observing behaviors that are related to each other, not caused by each other. Once you're ready to accept that everything oyu know about women is wrong, then your process towards success begins.

• I didn't say this was correct. If I knew it was, I wouldn't ask about it. I've never done it before and don't intend to. This is how I am. If being how I am means I stay single then that means I stay single plain and simple. I'm not going to change for someone. If they can't accept me for me then why would I want to be with them? They're not I'm love with the real me, right?

• Ahhh... I see... apologies for misunderstanding you.

But think about this though... you obviously like girls and want girls in your life. If you decide to suppress that side of you because you don't want to have to change yourself for the sake of women... aren't you changing yourself for the sake of women anyway?

• I don't suppress anything. I'm saying I'm going to be who I am whatever that might be at that time and not change/suppress anything. Ill be exactly who I was before, during and after the relationship plus/minus anything that may have naturally changed. You know what I mean?

• The more experience you have with women, the less likely you're going to put them on a pedestal, no matter how hot you think she is. You'll learn to see more and more of a woman's flaws and learn more that they aren't anywhere near as perfect as you'd initially think.

• Not true, they say that because by trying to be indifferent, they prevent themselves from being too obsessive and annoyingly clingy.

• Yeah, don't do that

• Absolutely. A man who is overly interested in them can't possibly be that interesting, otherwise he'd be spending most of his time on his own pursuits.

• Depends on the woman, well you shouldn't change yourself for others.
    If you are interested - show interest, if you're not - don't. Makes life less complicated.

• Not indifferent.
    You need to be straight up more. If she's fun, then hang with her and enjoy her company.
    If she isn't then leave, no questions.
    If she's rude, don't take that.

• here's what I've learned
    there's 2 ways too go about it
    treat them like crap
    or just be there friend and wait too see if she catches feelings

but if you just want sex than treat them like crap works like a charm lol

• I don't think there's a personality that all women are attracted to, but I think that acting like you're not interested is kind of a dick move

• Act like ur the King of the Bishes juz like King of the Jungle. They get P€$$¥ everytime 😘

• Just act like an arrogant douche. Works for me.

• I'm not an arrogant douche so it would be tough to do even if I wanted to.

• I just have to ask why? What image are you trying to convey there? I own plenty of firearms myself.

• No image. It was the newest, best pic I had at the moment.

• If you're attractive and you act that way then girls will be all over you. Just don't act that way all the time because they'll probably assume you're not interested. Show interest but do your own thing also. Don't make it a priority to get them because once you do this, they will get the leverage. Just be you.

• That's what I do. I be me and let the chips fall where they may. If someone doesn't like me for me then it's their problem and they can move on.

• It depends on the woman and on how they see you. Indifference can pique their interest but only if they see you as exceptionally desirable and they have a certain character.

• Yes and no.

If we look at the update you gave, the problem in that case was more likely that she was enjoying casual dating, but wasn't into it enough to get more serious. So in this case, playing it cool and keeping it casual could have strung things along casually longer, which might have been enjoyable, but isn't really what your'e looking for.

Women, more than men, are attracted to people who seem to have a lot going on in their lives, and by dynamic. So women sort of -like- when a guy they like is too busy for them. They seem to want to fight for his attention. When they just get it, on some level they take this as 'he has nothing going on and he's lonely and desperate'.

I think in your case, i wouldn't recommend changing your entire style to trying to pretend to be disinterested. Rather be 'present'. When you're with her, be curious in her, focused on her. And when you're not? Focus on whatever you're doing. Don't slow down on your life hobbies and interests and responsibilities. So sure, when your'e with her she has your full interest, but she doesn't have that all the time.

• My experiences support the idea (your topic).

I wish it weren't this way but I've seen it too many times.

Most of the women on here say the opposite but would probably act "accordingly" when faced with said situation.

• Yes and no. All advice will work on some women. People with a strong desire to be shown positive approval will respond to indifferent behavior but this does not work for all women. In my opinion the bait you set influences what you'll attract so if you want someone who's always going to be extremely sensitive towards your every action this is probably the way to go. It sounds like a lot of extra work to keep this person happy and involved in building a positive healthy relationship with you so I personally wouldn't choose this type of behavior to attract people but too each his own I guess. My advice is to not change your behavior in order to attract people generally speaking if you behave the way you normally would you're far more likely to attract the people you need in your life. If you're changing your behavior always do it for yourself mostly because you're the most likely candidate for improving your life.

• I don't really see it as trying to "bait" anyone although I guess you could say anytime you're looking or at least open to a relationship-which I'm not necessarily looking or not looking so I guess I could be called open (barely)-you could arguably be setting some kind of "bait", I guess. I wouldn't ever try to change my personality, style or behavior. I don't want to attract the wrong person by setting the wrong "bait" lol. I do see what you're saying. Very good point.

• I was just using bait as analogy not necessarily implying that we're manipulating of baiting people. I apologize if it came accross that way

• Oh no of course not. I understood what you were saying.