Help! Boyfriend spoke to his ex today?

He messaged me to tell me that he wanted closure with his ex and assured me that he didn't miss her, just to ask for forgiveness so they can both heal. It's been 2 years since they dated. Should I be worried? I know he told me so it's not suspicious but I'm worried about them getting back together. He said he is happier now they've reached a sense of closure.
Should I go and break up? I've just been really upset because he initiated contact today.
Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• You are freaking out and need to calm down. It is understandable to want closure. That is something that can eat at you on the inside for years unless you either forget it or deal with it. Ok, so now he got his closure. You tell him enough is enough and he now has no reason to talk to her or talk about her. If he cannot let go, then you have my permission to break up.

Most Helpful Girl

• He needed closure. Not his ex's pussy. Everyone needs closure when they leave (or have been dumped by an ex) If you don't trust him that is an issue with you. My boyfriend talks to his ex. And his told me many times, he has no feelings towards her anymore. Those feelings died when they broke it off. I trust him more then anything.

What Guys Said 2

• No, unless you feel that he wants to cheat/get in a relationship with her.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Talk to him about how you feel.
    I think you should realize the good he's done. He told you how he felt before and after and told you that he was going to get in contact with her.
    If you want to break up with him over this you might have other problems besides that.
    He took a step that could help your relationship. He cleansed and let go of baggage he has been carrying which can only be for the better

• Dump his lying ass

• Don't break up, you shouldn't be upset, he wanted to say goodbye to his ex on good terms, no regrets