Nearly 24 and never had a boyfriend, am I a freak?

So here's the deal, I turn 24 in July this year (still a few months away), and I've never had a boyfriend. I don't like telling people about it much, cause I'm so worried about what people will say/think of me. I'm not entirely sure why, though many different reason have run through my head. Even though I'm fairly normal looking (I think anyways!), I feel as though no one actually wants me, like at all. The last time I went on a date was over three and a half years ago (pretty sure I'd be the most awkward person on earth on a date now!), and haven't kissed a guy in close to three years. Being this age and never had anyone, especially considering people my age and younger are married with kids, makes me feel as though I've done something wrong, and that I'm not wanted. I know this might make me appear jealous, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I can't talk to mum about it, cause she just says I'm being jealous, so I tend to shut off and keep everything to myself. I finish my degree in about three weeks, and I haven't had any fee time of late, so to have made it through university and still never had anyone is somewhat embarrassing. On the outside I'm fine, but inside I'm falling apart. At this rate, I'm destined to be a crazy cat lady (even though I don't like cats!). I just don't know what to do anymore...😪

Most Helpful Guy

• You know o am just like you.. Never had a girlfriend and I am 24 too... But the funny thing is it didn't even bother me a little... Most of my friends are married too and my best friend haa girlfriend and they seem happy... But Me on the other part I just don't give a fuck..
    And no you are not a freak..!

But yeaa sometimes it bothers me too... And sometimes I get jealous when I see a couple...
    But hey you are at least dating... I am not even trying to get a date!!! Lol maybe if I did I know I could get a girlfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dated a lot of guys in the last 3 years and I've been in 4 relationships so far. All of them SUCKED except for the one I'm in now. I'm 18. I would rather have been single all that time than dated. You're not a freak at all and whether you wanted to be single during that time and even now, I would never call that a bad thing. Don't feel like anything is wrong with you. Being a crazy cat lady isn't so bad! Lol, I'm destined to be one whether I have a husband in the future or not. I'm already crazy and already have 3 cats (so far).

Don't be embarrassed about never having had a boyfriend. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just keep doing what you're doing. Put yourself out there a little more maybe? Continue to be yourself of course. Don't think about what others are doing. Just think about what you are doing. They don't matter. It's how you feel that does.

• Yeaa your should have between single.. You are too young to find that guy you would finally be with

• @singlebee I should have been single. I don't mind not being single now because I like my boyfriend and I'm having fun with him. I don't know what the future holds for us, but I know that I'm happy with him here and now.

@Asker Thanks for MHO.

What Guys Said 8

• There's nothing wrong with you. You kept your nose to the "grindstone" getting your degree in college and it was your main focus, unlike most women in college where they are looking for their "MRS degree". In a few months after graduating, you'll be starting a new career based on your education and the whole future ahead of you. You'll have that extra time to meet people, date and perhaps find that special person that you want to spend the rest of your life. It will all come in time, don't worry about it. If you want to increase your chances, check out your church events, join a health club, get involved in local issues... you will meet somebody that has the same likes as you.

• Amanda, is that you? x)

Anyway, hey, you're not a freak, your time just hasn't come yet, and there's no saying when you'll meet that special someone.

The way I see it (keep in mind I'm younger than you are) is that you're ONLY 24 and still have your entire life ahead of you! It's not over yet! You'll find someone, or will be found by someone eventually. :)

• It sounds like you have social anxiety. That doesn't make you a freak but you do probably get in your own way. It'll work out, don't run from encounters and eventually you'll find someone patient who can get through your barriers in an organic and fun way.

• I'm sorry about that. I don't know what's the reason, but if it happens it can be related to fear, being afraid about social pressure or something like that. It would be weird if it was just bad luck, in really unprobable to have bad luck so long.

If you really have done something wrong, that's not a problem nowadays, because it is your past and you can't change it. The problem is if you are still doing something wrong and you don't what. Maybe if you visit a psychologist, they can detect if you have any fear or obsession that makes more difficult for you to get a boyfriend.

• What did u already try to do?

• i'm 23 and never had a girlfriend, ik how you feel

• Nothing wrong with it, you're like me then.

• I'm older than you and still haven't had a girlfriend

What Girls Said 4

• Oh my! No your not!

• If you're a freak, I'm a freak. And we can be freaks together. I also turn 24 in July... weird.

• You too? 24 and single? Never had a bf?

• July 8th :p

• I'm the 16th. You're just a little bit older than me!

• My oldest brother is 22 and has never dated, its not weird- you've been focusing on your schooling! It's totally normal, everything will work out :)

• I have seen a guy who have never dated a girl in his whole life. And now he is 28.