Do you think those who cheat deserve a second chance? Why?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 24

• No.
    They cheated for a reason. No matter how sorry they say they are, they will do it again.

This is because the reason they cheated hasn't changed, they just regret it. There will eventually come a day when they've had a drink or two, and back at it they'll go.

If they've betrayed you, they have no redemption.

• No way. Even though they make get change and all, but I still believe that other people don't have to accept those changes, because for every mistake, there is a price.

• No. If they cheat and you forgive them, they'll cheat again.

• Yeah, that's likely but some argue that they should be given a chance.

• Well that's their opinion. I would never give a second chance to someone that betrayed me and stabbed me in the back like that. But other people are more forgiving than me.

• Rarely.

in my opinion, the ONLY time you should even CONSIDER forgiving a cheater is if they come to you and admit their wrong and show you that they understand how they've hurt you and that they're willing to WORK to, eventually EARN back your respect.

Anything less and you should kick them to the curb and cut them out of your life. They should feel some consequences for their actions.

• If they have a sincere change of heart and Mae whatever reparations that they can for what they've done, then yes. It is understandable that the one whom has been cheated on would not be willing to offer a second chance. They can't read the heart and mind of the other person. However, if the cheater has a sincere change of heart and a strong resolve, and if a strong trust can be rebuilt, then I think they should have another chance.

• No. Cheating = bye bye. I don't care about the reasoning, excuses, circumstances or any of that shit.

• No, my dad cheated on my mum twice so I've no tolerance for that. If I found out she's cheated that would be the end of it.

• Statisticly they are more likely to cheat again so it would be a risky thing to do. Just because people can change doesn't mean they do.

• a second chance to cheat again. lol. stupid

• some time they do deserve a 2nd chance and sometimes they dont. it depends on a lot of different factors. like for instance are they truly remorseful about it. did it only happen one time or several. did they learn from there mistake. how was the relationship over all before it happened.
    if you do take them back just watch out for the same signs of behavior

• Everyone makes mistakes. Its whether or not you learn from them that makes the difference.

• Depends on the circumstances involved. If I was cheated on, though, or someone I knew well enough...

No fucking way in Hell.

• I will never stay with someone who cheated. I can't say anything about what they deserve but I don't trust easily and I will never trust them again.

• It all depends on the person. Some people make mistakes. It happens. I did it once, and never made that mistake again.

• I say they deserve a second chance... But not with the same person xD

• I've never cheated, but nobody's perfect. How many here have a deal with their SO that if they had a chance with someone on their "list".

• Nope, trust ne. Cheaters chest because you aren't enough for them

• Nope because I'd never be able to get over it. Just ultimate disrespect.

• Let me say Yes and No at a time.
    Let them get chance with warning and just leave them and if they're back accept or you know they're never yours.

• People change, I'll give everyone a few chances

• "deserve"? Never.

• they deserve misery for the rest of their worthless lives

• Yea you should give them another chance... To cheat on you if you're crazy enough to do that.

• there is nothing wrong with cheating.

What Girls Said 23

• I would never give a cheater a second chance , because that will always be their potential. Trust is the foundation for every relationship , and once someone breaks your trust you can never get the same level of trust back as you had before they cheated.

Loyalty is paramount to me, so why would i give a guy a second chance and trust him again , when he has already given me one good reason not to trust him. Relationships need boundaries so if someone cheats , and they give the person a second chance they are just giving them the opportunity and their consent to do it again, because people set their own standards of how others treat them

Betrayal is one of the most painful experiences anyone can face, so matter how much i loved him, i would never give him the opportunity hurt me again.

• No. because cheating is a choice and the minute they did that, they chose not to be with you anymore.

• Nope. If someone cheats on me then they're no longer a living being in my eyes.

• I would not give them a second chance. They may deserve one and it may truly have been a mistake. But, the trust in your relationship is gone. I'd always be paranoid that he would do it again. That is no way to live life and trust issues only cause problems in your relationship. I'd have to let him go.

• To me? oh hell no maam, cheating is a choice, he probably didn't know my value and worth and i don't need a "selfish guy"! we girls need a man who praise us, and make others jealous of his woman, that's a real man. We don't need guys that only cares about themselves, yass we need loyal guys

• You've got some great values girl!! I've rarely heard this from a young woman. You must have some awesome parents!!

• @bestadviceguy yaa i date, the problem is that guys my age all they want is to have fun with girls+they're immature trying to look mature, im not that kind actually, im pretty mature for my age and we girls are not a doll in guys hands in the end, we deserve the best so im waiting for a loyal guy with a nice personality and well educated... hope they still exist hah

• I totally agree with what you said but... what did you mean by well educated? Are you looking a guy your age who is well spoken or someone older?

• Not from me they don't. I can forgive, but I'll never forget. And since my trust will be shot to pieces, there's no point in trying again.

• Not with me. If he cheats on me, it's over.

The only second chance a cheater can get is by dating someone else and learn not to cheat on the next person.

• Depends on what their reasons were for cheating. If I withheld sex from him, for example, or if I turned into a grouchy, miserable, intolerable brat, then I would understand his reasoning. If he was well taken care of, though, and not mistreated... I'd want an explanation. Depending on what that explanation was, I may or may not trust him enough to give it another shot. Depends on how invested I am in the relationship.

• No they don't deserve a second chance because they will always end up cheating on you again and expect your to forgive like you did in the first time.

• People that cheat will just do it again so I'd dump them and move on.

• No... bc it show they lack self control!

• Nope. Once a cheater always a cheater.

• No. Never.

• No because the trust has been broken.

• No. I would never be able to forgive someone for cheating.

• No, you can't rely on someone who cheated on you, they will just do it again.

• I gave him a second chance turned around & did the same thing to me again. Never a second chance never.

• Welli I say yes because it depends, if they are truly sorry and are trying to earn your trust back, then they deserve it.

• Cheat on me and it's game over. Go try with someone else

• Definitely not!! I'd feel as if it was disrespectful to myself for taking back someone who clearly didn't respect my feelings!

• Once a cheater always a cheater. Sometimes they deserve a second chance, but only if they got their shit together from the first time they cheated.

• There is a person who never lies. But there's no one who lies only once.

• They don't deserve it, but most give 3,4,15 chances lol