Is not having a date to prom bad?

So I don't have a date and I'm pretty sure no guy is going to ask me. but how lame is it to not have a date? I am going to just go with my best friend cause she doesn't have a date either but I don't know I feel like everyone has a date. Prom posals have already started happening. did any of you go to prom with just your friends?

0|0
13|8

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont feel its bad. i didn't fit in in school and never felt the need to go to my senior prom only went to one dance in high school and i regretted it.
    so when it was time for dances or prom i would pick up extra shifts at work to allow people who wanted to go go.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Go with your friends. Who cares? Bring a pineapple as your date if people get shitty about it. It's going to be a fun night regardless. You don't need a date for that.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I did. But why not ask a guy instead?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know who to ask , cause all my guy friends already have dates

• Well they have plenty of friends. Pick the guy friend you trust most and ask him if he's got a friend that would like to go.

• Judging by your looks I doubt by the end of the night you'll be 'alone' go with your friends have fun and I'm sure you won't be the only one without a date in there. Heck I went alone and it was fun by the end of the night I went home with friends and got to kiss my crush so relax and just have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm certainly not getting a date to prom so I'm just gonna go with my friends probably just end up all talking in the corner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to prom with a female friend and everyoje thought we were dating, and it was annoying, but no, its fine, i probably will to my senior prom if i don't have a girlfriend, and even if I di, ill still spend a lot of time with my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty bad lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a guy, and I am going with 2 girls, but they both asked me. Maybe you should reach out and ask some guy instead of waiting

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's the end of the world

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I didn't go to prom, but it's not uncommon for people to just go with friends. I've heard prom is pretty lame in general though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry I didn't have a date either and I had a great time with my friends plus most of us just went to a pit party instead and that was a lot of fun too. Don't make this prom thing a big deal, it's not a magical night it's just a party and have fun :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah ): Well it was for me but I was seriously depressed!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's bad. I went by myself, it was fun. And I know other people who didn't have a date.
    I see no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal. I went with all my friends, no one really went with dates. You're going with your friend anyway, you're not going alone and it doesn't matter anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • A whole bunch of us went together. And that was nearly 10 years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have one either but then again I didn't even go to mine lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Its okay not too. a lot of people go with friends and chill. Its really not that serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's not bad at all, with out a date you can focus on having fun with your friends and making sure you have a good time

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl you'll most likely have more fun with your friends, instead of worrying about being perfect the whole night for a guy you'll get to have fun and let loose with friends! I didn't have a date either and it was fine :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't worry too much about it. Everybody will be way to focused on the night to worry about wether you have a date or not! Stick with yours friends and just have a great time :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares? Just don't worry about it and go with your friends!

0|0
    0|0