Am I overreacting about what this guy said?

Me and this guy are "talking/seeing each other and we both like each other but today we got into this argument and I sent him that message (I'm the green one) and he replied back (he's the gray/white one) and his reply tbh kinda hurt me because it feels like he doesn't even care about me or something like that. Am I overreaching or not? And what do you think

Like whenever he has problems and stuff I always listen and try to help him and be there for him but when it comes to me this is what he does
Ohh we are kinda dating

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're right to be hurt. It wasn't a nice thing to say. Maybe talk to him? I don't know what else to recommend. Maybe he had a bad day too or maybe it's a misunderstanding.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not overreacting, that was a little harsh of him. But maybe don't get all angry with him if you're not dating? I mean, technically if he's not your boyfriend, he doesn't have to listen to your problems lol. But no, I agree that was a little mean of him to say.

What Guys Said 1

• Funny how reading it in a different tone could change what you perceive to be the meaning. Try this: First, read it with an angry tone. Then, add a "Haha/lol" before reading it, and read it in a fun or happy tone.
    My ex always freaked out over every little text. 95% of them were not meant to be rude.

What Girls Said 1

• I read it as him respecting your privacy and right not to tell him about what happened at work if you didn't want to and then asserting that even if it was bad you don't have the right to take it out on him.