Does "I'm too busy for a girlfriend" mean he doesn't WANT a girlfriend & I need to let him go, or that he is actually busy?

We are juniors at colleges an hour apart; we've been having a sexual relationship since the end of December and I'm the only girl he has had sex with more than once. His previous pattern is one nighters every few months or whenever. He's pretty open and he didn't trick me into bed. It was my decision. He seemed to WANT to get to know me more and asked to take me out the first night, but then his sports season started as did his second semester, and all of a sudden he didn't seem interested other than sex here and there. He travels every weekend for sports; he practices every week night and has class every day. He told me, when I asked for more, that he is too busy to even think of having a girlfriend right now, he said down the line he would want something more serious, but right now he does not. This was through text so I don't know.. I don't know if he means he doesn't want more with me or if he means for me to wait until June when his life slows down.

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be some of both. He could really be busy but at the same time, if something is important enough, anyone would find or make time for it.

What Guys Said 2

• He specifically doesn't want 'you' because to him you're just a fuckbuddy.

• It means he doesn't want more but doesn't want to sound like a douche about it. I doubt he'll actually want anything in June either. I think he's probably using it as an excuse.

Sorry.

What Girls Said 1

• It usually means: "I am too busy to BE WITH YOU".
    I'd take that as a rejection if I were you.