I wanted to ask her out but lost my chance due to unforeseen events, now that I can ask her out again she's interested in someone else. What do I do?

So there's this girl that I've fallen for pretty majorly. Last December I could have sworn she was really into me. I wanted to ask her out, and was trying to find a time to do so. Well, before I was able to my best friend committed suicide and I fell into a pretty bad place. Other complications arose between us (namely she became really good friends with my other friend and started opening up to her and stopped opening up to me, and alcohol happened). About a month or so ago I felt I was in a place where I could actually ask her out again. I texted our mutual friend and discovered that this girl is now interested in someone else. I initially just gave up hope and tried to avoid her for a few weeks. We have class together only once a week so it wasn't hard.

Last week, however, she texted me asking for advice and told me about a ton of crap she's going through. Financial issues, parental issues, car issues, not to mention her anxiety, depression, OCD and ADHD. So she's failing school at the moment. I stayed after to talk with her and our professor because I know him fairly well. Afterwards I hugged her and stayed with her a bit while she calmed down and I felt like she was okay to drive home.

I feel like she needs me as a friend right now, especially since her aforementiond bestie and her are probably not going to remain friends for much longer. I also can't help my overwhelming feelings toward her. She needs me as a friend, I just don't know how to handle that myself, and if I'll lose all chance of ever being with her. She's so amazing, and I would do anything to be with her. But I can't tell her, and living like this hurts so much.

What Girls Said 2

• You never now what will happen I wish you luck

• Why am i so paranoid. I thought you drifted. I love you deeply j. How you know these things kills me sometimes..😓 But i love you.

• Thank you for trolling me. I really appreciate it.

• I had reason to believe you did something. Then i came to my senses and realized it probably wasn't you. Sorry😞

• Yeah, your age suggests you're not the girl I'm referring to. And her actions last night basically confirms it. So yeah.

What Guys Said 1

• you just go for it man. just walk up to her and say. sup... want to hang out. always works for me.