How do I stop falling?

I've been single for about 2 years now and have enjoyed my freedom and finding myself, but I've been extremely lonely lately. All these guys tell me I'm gorgeous and that I'm perfect wife material then turn around and only want to hook up. I just went off to college and it seems like all the guys I'm into just wanna hook up. I'm interested in trying something serious, but everytime I meet a good guy I blow it. How do I get myself to put that wall back up so I stop "falling" for a guy who gives me a months worth of non stop texting? Stupid I know right! How do you know it's "the one"?

What Guys Said 2

• you will never know if he (in my case she) is the one. there are to many people to just choose the perfect one for you. But to build that wall, first you have to stop thinking of every guy you meet as dating material. They are just people like you, so treat them as you want to be treated. When you find "The One", you will instantly know because whatever wall you have built will crumble when he is around you. also, find a hobby you like to do, like reading or something that isn't school work, it will get your mind off of relationships.
    This is coming from a guy who has been single for 6 years.

• You need to relax, take it slow and make sure you have standards for the kind of guy you want in your life and don't be satisfied until you get that, hence don't think every is the one for you. Be patient, talk to guys then try to see if they match up to your standards or not, and then you will come to know.

What Girls Said 1

• Trial and error. There is no such thing as "the one" by the way.